Coffee's ready...

Sounds like a good idea. We have only one donut chain in Finland, Arnold's Donuts. Every time I see it, I get a craving to go and buy a sixpack from them, but the better half forbids it
roll.png

We only have 2 chains that I'm aware of. An old one, Dunkin' and a newer one, Krispy Kreme. I haven't eaten a donut in about 8 years or more. Always hated Dunkin, Krispy K are acceptable. The best donut shops here are the little mom and pop places that make donuts to die for. They're scattered all over town. I think I've weaned myself though.

That chain is the only place where you can get the American type donuts. We have a very similar pastry, the "munkki" ("monk"), but the dough is a bit different in those. Those you can get in most coffee shops.

Probably something along the lines of "You need to sleep more" :)

That's a good one! However for a few days there, I was going to sleep at about 4pm, to wake up at 3am.
I must have really needed it!

It says you supposed to buy us all a cup of  coffee and a donut.  :caf
okay, when we all meet in Paradise (God willing) coffee and donuts on me, and these are special heavenly donuts, not lard-laden sugary goodness of this earth lol.
Unless of course you are offering to host! That's just the most economical and practical way for us all to be together in one place at the same time (that I can think of, open for suggestions), lol.

We have Wegmans, Dunkin and a few private bakeries.

Krispy Kreme didn't survive here.

I prefer Wegmans, since they put a decent amount of jelly in theirs.

A donut now and then won't kill us. Lord knows we eat enough other junk.

DW is a great baker and has made thousands of cookies for wedding and baby showers. At Christmas time she also make some great Sugar cookies.

Morning,

Another moist day here, showers on and off. Canned some more sauce yesterday. The tomatoes are coming to a end. The collard greens are up, kale is well still kale, eating the Swiss chard and carrots. Hopefully a little fishing today, or at least practicing casting.

sourland: You have someone that competes in the games, or do you enjoy watching the game? I would rather watch a little league game over a pro game any day.

I still climb up and down the ladder to clean our gutters.
Rainy and cool here too - tomatoes still great. The heirlooms may take longer to start producing, but their season is ended only by frost.

Casting practice is great - catching fish is NOT necessary - the 'brain cleansing' of fishing is enough.

No one involved - we went out there on a whim 4 years ago. As we walked up the hill to the complex the Japanese team was exiting the batting cages. As they passed us they doffed their hats, bowed, smiled, and said "Hello." I said to the Princess, "I think I am going to like this." It's a great piece of Americana that I STRONGLY recommend to anyone who can get there.

I, too, still climb up and down the ladder to clean gutters. I'm not allowed to do so unless the Princess is in attendance.
old.gif
What's she going to do? Catch me if I fall?

Rainy and cool here too - tomatoes still great.  The heirlooms may take longer to start producing, but their season is ended only by frost.

Casting practice is great - catching fish is NOT necessary - the 'brain cleansing' of fishing is enough.

No one involved - we went out there on a whim 4 years ago.  As we walked up the hill to the complex the Japanese team was exiting the batting cages.  As they passed us they doffed their hats, bowed, smiled, and said "Hello."  I said to the Princess, "I think I am going to like this."  It's a great piece of Americana that I STRONGLY recommend to anyone who can get there.

I, too, still climb up and down the ladder to clean gutters.  I'm not allowed to do so unless the Princess is in attendance.  :old   What's she going to do?  Catch me if I fall?
you need someone to call 911, lol.
Unless you've trained your dog to do it!

Last edited:

No one involved - we went out there on a whim 4 years ago. As we walked up the hill to the complex the Japanese team was exiting the batting cages. As they passed us they doffed their hats, bowed, smiled, and said "Hello." I said to the Princess, "I think I am going to like this." It's a great piece of Americana that I STRONGLY recommend to anyone who can get there.

I love fishing. Mostly from a canoe on a small stream or bank fishing at a farm pond. I'm not a big fan of large lake fishing though I've done my fair share and surf fishing.

I love watching little league.

Back
Top Bottom