Coffee's ready...

Boy that's the truth. I can't get anyone to help me, I'm too old and short, to do much myself. I love this house but, it is falling apart as much as I am.
I wish I were there. We could trade labor and help each other. Here renting is as expensive as owning. In some cases more so.

I was just thinking that perhaps I could advertise for bartering or trading help. I do try to barter for coop cleaning sometimes. I'm going to set an ad on CL offering chicks or hens for labor. I know one guy who will hold those panels for me I think.

So what did you do today? DW was feeling bad, saying she didn't go anything. I told her some of the things she did.

Me? I like to look back at whatever it is I did each day. We should never feel like we've wasted the day if we've done at least one thing.

I thought perhaps it would help folks feel better if they wrote down here whatever it is they did. If you write it down you're more likely to see it for what it isn't. Not a wasted day.
hugs.gif

Good morning chicken wranglers,
I ate a passel of the cantaloupe out of the garden yesterday, I mowed the levee ,and then I went to bed only to wake up feeling as if I had been thrashed all night long. I also worked all day ,and writing this II am reminded that I need to order some more bentenite clay to repair the levee with . I'm sorry I have been off for a while still trying to catch up from the vacation we went on.
I took the oldest boy to summer camp Sunday, it is his first week away from home. He is such a loner and a home body I hope he does alright he needs to get exposed to people and make a few friends . We will see how this goes.
God Bless!

Well I need to catch that ground hog asap. It ate the only squash I had and all the lettuce and some squash leaves.

I blocked it's entrance under the coop but it's still around. I saw it yesterday.

Something ate the cucumber plants again.

So that means I've gotten squat from the garden this year. I'm disappointed to say the least. I may just clean up the garden and not plant one again. It's a waste of time.

I still have two broody hens on eggs. Due this coming Sunday.

I need to get a job but don't know what or where. If you're the praying type ask the Lord to send me to the right place.

Good morning chicken wranglers,
Rancher get a gun and sit out there and kill the dirty bugger. Try working at a hardware store or a Tractor supply, I thin k you would be the right kind for hardware. Sorry about the garden ,I'd have nothing from the garden but geese do not dig up potatoes or esat squash,.
Good Luck
God Bless!

Good morning chicken wranglers
How is everybody? I have been fine the old clan has broken down to about ,,,,me, and I would not mind hearing about the canning,, harvesting progress you guys have made.
God Bless!

So here I am. I 've posted on suggestions on how to clean. Another thread for that. DW is not up to some things and I know she doesn't feel well when she lets me do the laundry.

Mowing will take a couple of day as it rained finally and the grass that hadn't grown is now needing shearing.

Chickenwise the chicks are growing and I've post some older hens for free. They're still here, but I did sell a pullet today so I'm down one. Total Adults now 29, chicks 22. Coops needs cleaning and they're on the list. Right after the grass, which has priority or I won't be able to move the wheel barrow.

I'm picking a few tomatoes that DW is eating before I get to them. The garlic is still drying. Grapes are doing okay I guess. I'll be totally ticked if they don't when you consider where they came from. Hanging on the chain link fencing at a friends mothers house with little tending. I did build and arbor but perhaps should have just left them to hang off the fence like they were at their previous home.

I am tired. DW is tired and didn't feel well today. Asked me to take the grandkids home. Not like her.

Watched the Olympics and all that drama. Stopped following the politics or I'll go crazy.

Going with daughter tomorrow to pay the deposit on her wedding dress.

Take care and keep me in prayer or I won't make it.

Good morning chicken wranglers
Looks like you have a busy schedule set up rancher.
Our garden is about done I've harvested everything except a couple melons and green beans. The young chickens finally started laying and next week is butchering week end "hopefully ".
I've 15 ducks and 6 chickens to butcher. My Wife has been busy as all get out preparing food ,"canning for winter soon it will all be done and the cold will have set in.
You take care now ,and we will keep you in our prayers.
God Bless!

Back
Top Bottom