Coffee's ready...

Kids/Teenagers: Hire them while they still know everything
lau.gif

The sky is clear bright blue this morning and the temperature is 26C (78F) heading for a maximum of 33C (91). I prefer fresh ground coffee but instant with a few cookies will do fine today. The birds are singing away in the garden, the electrician is fitting a new pump for the water fall and the gardener is lopping some tree branches while I do nothing in particular.

It's very peaceful and I wish everyone here the same good feelings.

Thai restaurants here all serve "Thai Iced Coffee", sweet, with milk and coffee in a tall glass. Is that actually a popular drink in Thailand, or is it an American Thai restaurant thing?

Ice coffee is very popular here and sells well in my wife's restaurant. It's often made with Nescafe, crushed ice, Coffeemate and Carnation condensed milk. My wife uses two shots of espresso freshly ground from Arabica beans grown in the north of Thailand.

Quite how Thais discovered coffee I don't know. Perhaps it's something from the US Forces time here a while back. Beans are grown in the north and south of the country. In the south they are Robusta beans, best for making instant coffee because the taste is not so good in espresso.

Coffee shops are a springing up everywhere. You can find them in gas stations, towns and along the highways in anything from buildings to wheeled carts. Few know how to make a good drink because they don't understand that instant coffee is inferior and that ground beans don't keep.

I prefer hot coffee because the great flavour isn't obscured by the additions but each to his own.

Good afternoon chicken wranglers
rngr I think your right but they are too lazy to utilize the knowledge.Gargoyle and thai, thai iced coffee sounds to cold for my taste ,as you said, I like hot coffee plain and black no sugar no cream nothing to dilute the taste .
God Bless,
Oesdog are you out there?

Last edited:
Looks like it would be uncomfortable to wear. Too wide at the sides. But "sparkly" is my favorite color.
When my husband, then boyfriend, started making noises like he wanted to buy a diamond for me, I told him to buy something small and affordable, less than a month's wages. He did, put it in a temporary setting, and has apologized ever since as our friends wear lots of sparklies on their fingers. I won't change the setting. It's a symbol of his love for me, pure and whole. He loves me so much no simple piece of rock could express it. I told him that if ever we had lots of money and he wanted to give me a big diamond, make it an all white andalusian horse and name it diamond.

Good afternoon chicken wranglers
rngr I think your right but they are too lazy to utilize the knowledge.Gargoyle and thai, thai iced coffee sounds to cold for my taste ,as you said, I like hot coffee plain and black no sugar no cream nothing to dilute the taste .
God Bless,
Oesdog are you out there?

Oesdog is here - Oesdog is just sitting drinking coffee in the corner and being quiet! I miss mum.
Finding it hard to cope with Dad upset on the phone too.

Oes - is very tired.

Back
Top Bottom