Coffee's ready...

The addition to our coop is all ready. My wife is under the weather this weekend, so we won't go get new chicks until next week. In the meantime, we let Mossy and Goldie have a look around, and they gave their approval.

We've named the new coop the Fowlies Bregere.

The addition to our coop is all ready. My wife is under the weather this weekend, so we won't go get new chicks until next week. In the meantime, we let Mossy and Goldie have a look around, and they gave their approval.

We've named the new coop the Fowlies Bregere.

Looks really really nice!!!!!!! - Ok I am moving in got my bags packed!
D.gif

Hope your DW feels better soon
hugs.gif
sending a hug for her. Hope you manage to get the new chicks soon.

Oes

I want my chickens back. Can I move in with your chickens.
Hi to all. Just been very busy here and only lerking on BYC. Time for J&T by the "Pond"

You have a pond? Is there a law against you having ducks?
I so miss my roo boys! I so feel your pain.
hugs.gif

Oes

Last edited:
Only the laws of humane treatment. Our "Pond" is about 5 feet by about 1.5 feet by 2 feet deep and contains about a dozen gold fish of which 3 are actually black. Can't find my pics so will have to take new ones. But that would really quack up my neighbors. Otherwise I'm sure the same law would apply and to geese also which is what I would get at this point they are louder and meaner.

Only the laws of humane treatment. Our "Pond" is about 5 feet by about 1.5 feet by 2 feet deep and contains about a dozen gold fish of which 3 are actually black. Can't find my pics so will have to take new ones. But that would really quack up my neighbors. Otherwise I'm sure the same law would apply and to geese also which is what I would get at this point they are louder and meaner.

I think an Emu or Ostridges would be a better option. I here Ostridge are pretty mean to unwanted humans!

Had the "lovely new neighhbor" here out with his chain saw doing the masacre treatment on the tree line again. - Sent the police down to him and he was a bit shocked to find they were going through the dead tree and logging any nests destroyed and signs of nests getting desturbed in the other trees. He is going to be prosecuted if he touches any of the other trees untill all the nests are fledged. He will also get prosecuted if he lights any more fires under the trees. I guess we all have neigbor issues on and off. I've planted a good lot of trees now but mostly fruit though I do have two sycamore and a lovely ornamental cherry. Funny how some folk move into an area and do everything they can to blend in and then others just tick everyone off and you can;t wait till they move out!

We are hoping to buy up more land in time. We still have that old wish for goats and pigges. I want some mature trees and some water. I would love to get more chickens, ducks, Turkey and goose ( DH wont let me have geese though as one chased him into a pond as a kid and near drowned him! lol!) Will have to train the turkey to chase him instead!
lau.gif

Oh well - sorry about your chickens - maybe you can get land elsewhere soon when folk are kinder to chicken folk!

Oes - good luck.
hugs.gif

Beautiful Florida morning here. Sipping coffee thinking about the next coop to build. Thinking that I need another chicken tractor for some meat birds. Just let the girls and Cogburn out. He is a faithful watcher of the flock. Off to work. My girls will be waiting when I get home. Have a great day.

We visited the farm today to check out the chicks. We couldn't select the new ones yet, the farmer wasn't in and we couldn't tell the sex. We want to be sure to get one male and two females. We'll go back this weekend, and hope to bring three home then.

I posted a couple pix in the Wyandotte thread.

Back
Top Bottom