Cold temps and goose eggs?

awww so precious!! I love them!
They are entertaining. I wish I could get a close up pic of Gizzy's eyes because their soooo pretty. Shes not very friendly sadly lol. Gus on the other hand. He 'was' the friendlier one. Was as in ever since fall he's been a hissy boy. He's also being aggressive to some people in my family while just walking away from others.

Our hope is to build them their own pen with a small pond so our chickens don't get pulled off their roosts anymore.

If you keep taking her eggs she will keep laying. But you will need to get her eggs in a incubator within 7 days. If you want her to go broody take them for a while when you see her starting to kick up on laying. like instead of once every other day to more like every day she is ready to start going broody. First eggs for most young girls are practice eggs. But if you know her well she will let you know when no thous are mine. Once she goes broody you can offer her eggs back to her also. Lay them next to her she will tuck them in her nest. Note broody is when they refuse to leave there nest for 12 hours or more.

Back
Top Bottom