Cold Weather All Across The Country Tonight

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by WVDan, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    IM sneeking back out to turn on second heat light !! SHHHH DH is sleeping. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Yeah its really bad, I've never been more grumpy in my life [​IMG]

I hope the weatherman is wrong for tomorrow, -40 windchill. I'm 'bout ready to pack my bags and head on back to CA..

3. Chicken Woman

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    Wildsky where are you

4. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Songster

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I cant even IMAGINE Montana, Chicken Women.

Eeesh, Nebraska is bad enuff.

Wild, I dont remember it being this bad this many days in a row before. Usually we have SOME let up, then cold again.

Did you get ice. Pretty bad ice storm Thursday nite, but roads were worse this morn I think than anything. Not gonna melt either, so darned cold. I havent been out, but we have plenty of cereal, and I keep sending hubby to the gas n shop for milk. [​IMG]

5. Chicken Woman

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    dont get Ice as the snow hasn't melted. We haven't been above freezing in 11 days

6. Chicken Woman

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    My 11 year old son say's we may as well move to the north pole or Alaska so we could be warmer

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Songster

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Well we got ice on TOP of the snow that we had before. Probably 1/2 inch, but for some reason the streets werent as bad as windshields and things.

Its been the same here, CW, not above freezing for I am not sure how many days. Quite a few anyhow.
    I have three standard chickens that are molting like mad, and I bring them in at night anyhow usually, thus they have been in the house now for over 10 days or however long its been. They are like kids, dont know WHY they cant go out n play.
    Threw them out the other day, so funny, they wouldnt move cuz of the snow. Stood frozen in place for more than 15 minutes, so I took pity on them and brought em back in. lol They were good the rest of the day!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  8. Chicken Woman

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    MY DH would kill me It's bad enough that well be hatchin the 26th and will have chicks inside !!! [​IMG]

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:Central Nebraska.

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:We got a little ice, but it turned to snow really fast, we have about 4 inches on the ground now from Friday. This winter is WAY worse than last year (the only comparasin I can make) last year we had more snow, but the temps were not this low, and we never had so many windy days.
    On the bright side, the forecast says 35 for Christmas day! [​IMG]
    We went grocery shopping today, I was really stupid and didn't have a hat over my ears, now I'm really suffering, hubby is going out tomorrow for sure to find me garlic so I can make some oil for my ear.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: