Cold weather runny nose (again)

Beginner2015

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 24, 2014
NEED CURE FOR CLEAR RUNNY NOSE NO CHANGE IN BEHAVIOR JUST CLEAR RUNNY NOSE

My chickens have a runny nose and are sneezing. Ther than that they seem 100% it's just that they sneeze and sniffle once or twice a min. I have been giving them
VetRx 1 drop cold rubbed in nose and beak
+
VetRx 2 drops down their throat
+
VetRx 2-5 drops I. Surface of drinking water (bottom of a 5 gallon bucket cut out)

I can push on their nose (slide from back to front) and clear residue comes out ... A size able amount

WHAT SHOULD I DO
I currently have aces to antibiotics like Tylan 50 and durametracin ( I think that's wht it's called )

They have been wet from the snow and rain (not so much in the coop but wet ground) so should I put in dry hay or what
My other chickens that I keep in small pins with barley any cover are dooing better that. The ones in the big tin covered coop.

When you have a chronic respiratory disease such as infectious bronchitis, MG, or others in a flock, then you will continue to see outbreaks from time to time whenever there is stress, such as in cold or damp weather. Tylan and other drugs will only help to treat symptoms, but nothing cures those diseases. I would suggest sacrificing one sick bird to send in to your state vet for a necropsy, to see what disease(s) that is causing the illness. The only way to rid a chronic disease is to cull all birds, clean and disinfect facilities, and start over with healthy birds a month or two later. If you choose to keep treating these birds, then it is best to close your flock.

Back
Top Bottom