Cold Weather Treat! Disclosing my Secret Recipe!

Quote:
Hey, we're not laughing. It's crazy cold here right now too. Sounds like even down south you folks are getting a taste of it...

I moved to MN from San Diego. In the middle of December. Yeah, the joke was on me for quite some time...

I'm going to try your recipe in the morning. Our high tomorrow is supposed to be 3F. Thanks for sharing!

I boiled up a pot of venison scraps I had in the freezer (saved just for the chickens), added grits to absorb the liquid, and stirred in a package of dry milk. They LOVED it! The horse, on the other hand, not so much.

39372_100_0648.jpg

He kept his lips rolled back for a really long time.

*ouch* hands hurt getting colder!!!!....just did a batch of oatmeal, ripped bannanas, bread and milk and I found some squash that was ready for the chickens and added that....

It only gets better for them, they now have warm bellies...for the night....and I covered them up as much as I could hope it works...

I boiled water, added to some Gravy Train dog food, stirred in some leftovers and then let it get kinda soft. I warmed it a little more in the microwave and then chopped up fresh tomato and put on top. They went wild! Ate every bit of it. There isn't much they won't eat! Hahahahaha!

mine love oatmeal, will try adding the dog kibble- the extra protein probably helps too- they also like fruit cocktail...

not sure about the oranges, i do know raw potato skins are bad for them-

During our ongoing cold snap, I've been boiling a big pot of oatmeal for my chickens every morning. I've added raisins, eggs (crushed shells included), any meat scraps leftover from our meals. I usually tear dry bread into small pieces and stir into the cooked oatmeal. My chickens act like they have found a tasty bug when they get a piece of bread out of the oatmeal!
smile.png
They love it!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom