Collapsed egg hanging out of vent

Yes, checked her before she had any access to food or water. I will do the same tomorrow. Maybe the olive oil and massage will help move things. As of this evening her behavior seemed normal.

So this morning it felt like she had softball in her crop. I gave her more olive oil and massaged and it definitely seemed to soften and move. Obviously she is having some sort of issue. Any ideas??

She does have access to grit but I don't know if she takes it.

She pooped on a rug so it's a little hard to see. The first two are the same and the last picture is from a few minutes later.
0CFBF32B-1878-4F67-A3C3-A5CD020881FE_1_105_c.jpeg

8A109018-8072-428E-AC13-E5B347DFCD11_1_105_c.jpeg
C41AD24C-B781-4312-A091-74633E0248A2_1_105_c.jpeg

Just checked on her. She acting totally normal, scratching and pecking. Just her crop seems to not be emptying at night.
👆 When are you checking her crop?
If you check it at night, it should have food in it.

Check it first thing in the morning before she's had anything to eat/drink. Tell us what it feels like then.

Is she acting o.k.? Eating/drinking, moving about, relatively active?

I am checking her crop first thing in the morning before she has access to food.

She seems to be acting normally. She's active, scratching when she free ranges. Definitely drinking although I haven't seen her eat, but I've been at work.

In the morning I took her out of the coop before she went down and her crop was hard and round. I gave her olive oil and she drank a little. I waited about 10 minutes and it seemed softer. I massaged downward and it did seem to break up a little although I'm not sure if It went "down".

Back
Top Bottom