Colloidal silver for unresponsive Bumblefoot?

Hi all
As I have explained in a previous post I have a quail with Bumblefoot? I have now exhausted all prescription options including surgery so I am now moving on to herbal/natural remedies? Has any one used colloidal silver and had any improvement please? I’ve added Apple cider vinegar to her water (hope I’ve put enough in or should I say not to much) if anyone has used colloidal silver would you be able to recommend a brand/type that’s best to use please?
Many thanks

Have you tried talking to an avian vet.

Have you tried talking to an avian vet.
I have yes he did surgery on her and prescribed her 2 lots of antibiotics I have gave her a third lot that I had left over? He wants to put her to sleep? She’s active eating drinking foraging etc seems a shame to put her to sleep just yet without trying some more?

I've not tried colloidal silver but Prid works. It's a drawing salve, apply and bandage every day until the infection is gone. If she's had antibiotics and isn't getting better it may be the best thing to put her down. She's got an ongoing infection that is resistant to antibiotics and may be susceptible to other illness as a result. Next time it could be something that spreads to the rest of your birds.

There is no scab or wound anymore? She has had 3 lots of antibiotics so I’m now having to try herbal/natural remedies? A friend suggested to try Colloidal silver?
What was the end result? One of my chickens had the same problem. I took it to the neighbors and he took a new boxcutter and sliced it open and squeezed out the crap. I then threw up, put some tri-ointment on it and that was the end of it. Cutting it open and getting the crap out was what it needed. Neither one of us know about chickens but it looked like it had to be done.

He wants to put her to sleep?

He's either an idiot or wanting more money. Chickens can live fine with bumblefoot. One of mine had it so bad she had to limp everywhere. I tried to correct it, but couldn't. It got better. Then she got it again in another spot, and I left it alone and it completely healed.

Hi all
As I have explained in a previous post I have a quail with Bumblefoot? I have now exhausted all prescription options including surgery so I am now moving on to herbal/natural remedies? Has any one used colloidal silver and had any improvement please? I’ve added Apple cider vinegar to her water (hope I’ve put enough in or should I say not to much) if anyone has used colloidal silver would you be able to recommend a brand/type that’s best to use please?
Many thanks
I personally wouldn't even hesitate to use CS. It is my number one go to for my animals and myself. I have never had bumblefoot but it's worth a try. Take a cotton swab and dab it on the foot. Make sure to get it from a reputable source. Most likely a trustworthy health remedy dispenser. I swish and gargle with it myself when I have a sore throat and then drink an oz. Knocks it out after one time. I've given it to my chickens directly with a syringe and soaked bread for respiratory issues. We've used it on our animals with eye infections. A couple of sprays and they are healed. Also, we've fed it to a dog that used to get chronic bladder infections. No issues at all anymore. It's a miracle product.

He's either an idiot or wanting more money. Chickens can live fine with bumblefoot. One of mine had it so bad she had to limp everywhere. I tried to correct it, but couldn't. It got better. Then she got it again in another spot, and I left it alone and it completely healed.
I don't know if you're still in this forum, I have a flock of 9 hens. All got bumble foot. Four are now healed and 5 are not. I have one girl who had two bumbles on one foot. The top one, the scab and plug came out immediately after a foot soak. However it keeps getting reinfected. There is no scab forming on the bottom one and it is getting bigger. How did you keep your flock from getting infected? Mine started when I got a new hen who had it.

I have been fighting this infection since May.

I don't know if you're still in this forum, I have a flock of 9 hens. All got bumble foot. Four are now healed and 5 are not. I have one girl who had two bumbles on one foot. The top one, the scab and plug came out immediately after a foot soak. However it keeps getting reinfected. There is no scab forming on the bottom one and it is getting bigger. How did you keep your flock from getting infected? Mine started when I got a new hen who had it.

I have been fighting this infection since May.
I've dealt with bumblefoot before, but I've never had it spread. I would highly reccomend getting some silver and applying it directly onto the bumblefoot of the infected ones after removing the scabs and kernels. As for the one who's foot is just swelling but no scab is appearing, I'd cut her foot open and squeeze out the infection, then apply the silver.

Back
Top Bottom