Color genetics for a mixed flock (how can I tell which baby came from who?)

Looking at that comb, I'm guessing it's a male.
If it is male, and if the 55 Flowery hen has the barring gene, then she cannot be the mother.
If it is male, and it is showing gold (dark brown), then the Fayoumi cannot be the mother either (because her sons would show silver).

So if it is male, it must come from the Fayoumi-cross hen who shows gold and does not have barring.

But a female could be gold and not-barred from any of those hens, so if it is female, then I don't know who the mother would be.
interesting. The head scratcher I was referring to was the white feathers. I was thinking it was the 55 only because the patterning seems random (thee head spot and the white feathers). The comb does look very large though.

The foot feathering from the Hedemora babies is even more extreme than the Hedemora roo had as a baby. Im not crazy about that I was depending on it getting lighter so I doubt ill keep any Hedemora babies if that's the case. My Hedemora hen and rooster don't have aggressive feathering.

interesting. The head scratcher I was referring to was the white feathers. I was thinking it was the 55 only because the patterning seems random (thee head spot and the white feathers).
Some chickens just do get white feathers like that when they are young. It seems especially common in black chickens, but I expect it could happen in any color. If it goes away when the chick grows up, I would just shrug it off as something weird, and not try to find much meaning in it.

My Hedemora hen and rooster don't have aggressive feathering.
I don't know what you mean by "aggressive feathering." It's not a term I've encountered before.

Lavender with leakage is often called isabel even when it genetically isn’t the same.
Just got a comment that explains it better.
512D714C-8BD3-4113-A8D4-83270463E616.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom