Color genetics thread.

Pics
I'm thinking of breeding a Jersey Giant with a RIR to create a good dual-purpose chicken, i.e. meat and eggs. Curious though, what color feathers will this cross make. P.S. Both combinations: Male RIR with a female JG and vise versa.

I'm thinking of breeding a Jersey Giant with a RIR to create a good dual-purpose chicken, i.e. meat and eggs. Curious though, what color feathers will this cross make. P.S. Both combinations: Male RIR with a female JG and vise versa.
Mostly black chicks, regardless of which breed was the hen and which was the rooster.

Hate to add on, but does anyone know the color/genes for this little roo? I can't seem to find his coloring - and it's not laced because only the tips of his feathers are black, not all the way around. He's my only roo as of right now so knowing his color would help with chicks :)

Hate to add on, but does anyone know the color/genes for this little roo? I can't seem to find his coloring - and it's not laced because only the tips of his feathers are black, not all the way around. He's my only roo as of right now so knowing his color would help with chicks
smile.png

he is a sebright mix. Complete lacing requires being pure for several independent genes. Mess with any of those genes and the complete lacing is very quickly lost.. as his pattern shows.

Hate to add on, but does anyone know the color/genes for this little roo? I can't seem to find his coloring - and it's not laced because only the tips of his feathers are black, not all the way around. He's my only roo as of right now so knowing his color would help with chicks
smile.png
He is a Golden Sebright mix . Only 1 gene for lacing . His dad was likely the Sebright as he does not have slate legs .

Back
Top Bottom