Color identification

GoldenFlight

Crowing
8 Years
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
I've hatched about 4 or 5 pigeons now that I just can't figure out what color they are. I was hoping some of you guys could help me out! :) Ps. Sorry for the quality of the pictures.

pigoens 066.JPG
pigoens 065.JPG
pigoens 071.JPG
pigoens 079.JPG

Attachments

• pigoens 070.JPG
    pigoens 070.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 12
  • pigoens 065.JPG
    pigoens 065.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 13
I just can't figure out what color they are.
I can see why! They are of a colour I am not familiar with either. They are more a a designer colour. Your birds do look healthy and well cared for. The white bird would go under a colour classification call "Pied" which covers an array of white mixed coloured birds. The other bird might fall under a checkered pigeon which does not really give it justice. Sorry I could not be of any more insight.

Last edited:
I can see why! They are of a colour I am not familiar with either. They are more a a designer colour. Your birds do look healthy and well cared for. The white bird would go under a colour classification call "Pied" which covers an array of white mixed coloured birds. The other bird might fall under a checkered pigeon which does not really give it justice. Sorry I could not be of any more insight.
Well, thank you I try my best! ;) Also, the brownish ones are all dilute. Do you think they could be dilute brown?

The one with white on it is a Grizzle, the other colours could be an opal type as there are a few different ones, or it could be opal with bronzing? Hopefully someone who knows will come along soon as it would be interesting to find out.

Back
Top Bottom