Color identifying Polish Bantams

kissofcrimson

Chirping
Jan 17, 2016
Fayetteville, North Carolina
My husband bought them at an auction 3 days ago and I'm not familiar with the breed. I was looking up the different colors and can't seem to figure out what they are. Closest color maybe silver, I'm not sure. Not the best pics either, they're tired and I didn't want to stress them out by picking them up.

Cuckoo and white crested black. Looks like you have a pair, the messy crest on the white crested black is an indicator that its a cockerel. The round crest on the cuckoo indicates a pullet. They're cute :)

Last edited:
Oh wow I was way off then lol I looked at those online and it didn't seem that's what they were. Probably because I was tired. Thank you everyone! Now I'm just waiting for them to get settled in and see when she's going to lay.

Does he see okay? I've noticed with the Polish I've had in the past that they can be really spazzy if their vision is impaired by all that crest. A little trim on the front around the eye area would usually settle them down (I'm guessing because its nice to be able to see!).

Does he see okay? I've noticed with the Polish I've had in the past that they can be really spazzy if their vision is impaired by all that crest. A little trim on the front around the eye area would usually settle them down (I'm guessing because its nice to be able to see!).

It's funny that you would say that because I said that to my fiancé. I noticed he freaks out when he can't see you so I wasn't sure if it was because he was partially blind or the crest was keeping him from seeing properly. I haven't had time today but will do that tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom