Color of a Roo's comb indicate anything in regards to dominance?

trinityfly

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 3, 2009
Trinity County, Northern Calif
We have 3 Bantam roosters that are 6 months old. "Dusty" is a black bantam with a dark comb, Fancy is a partridge bantam and is the largest bird with a dark comb as well, but Roy who has a red comb is the smallest and seems to be the dominant rooster. Roy acted like a rooster from the age of 3 days old and is quite a character. Do any of you have opinions on comb color and dominance?
hmm.png

The color has no relevance . However the shape and size does. Height wise, this rooster will be the dominant one. Rockmaster

Quote:
I agree that the size and shape of the comb plays a large part in dominance. Not so sure about height (if you're talking about the rooster's height rather than the comb height). My Black Copper Marans roo has a big bright red comb, the much larger Golden Laced Wyandotte of course, has a smaller comb. The BCM roo is dominant even though the GLW towers over him. I just watched him school the GLW roo this morning for trying to disturb a hen on a nest. This is just my experience with my birds
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom