Colorado

I this morning I had a vender audit scheduled..... I dress up in slacks, nice shoes, and nice shirt, I've got my forms, and I'm ready to go.....

Then I act on a hunch and give them a call to confirm the time.

They say "Oh didn't so and so call you? We can't do it today. We'll have to reschedule. How about on the 5th of July?" Not even! I have that day off! so now it's rescheduled for later in the month.

And now I have to work on the pile of forms and paperwork sitting on my desk that I was going to put off.......

th.gif

Yesterday I spent an hour or more on the phone (over the course of the whole day) tracking down doctors to sign some prescription refills for Beth. One nurse wanted her to wait 6 weeks for a Dr appointment before signing!!!.....Nope, you can get up off your behind and and walk 20 feet to get the doctor to sign these. We'll make an appointment, but she isn't waiting that long for her meds! "Oh, ok, I'll get her chart", she says. 1 hour later I'm picking up the precriptions at the pharmacy.
You ALWAYS have so much going on, and you always seem to stay so positive. I think the way you, and a few others on this forum, deal with things helps remind me to step back and take a lighter look at things.

I learn a lot from everyone on this forum, and that includes reminders that things aren't always as bad as I think they are, and things can always be worse. It's funny how this interaction with people that I've never even met, has had such a big impact on me. BYC Colorado is my (nearly daily) inspiration. There's always something to make me smile. I know it isn't Thanksgiving, but I really appreciate everyone here!

When I make kale chips or add kale to my salads I cut off the ribs for my chickens.  As long as I cut them into little bits they eat them up just fine.  I think they are a bit too tough for them to toss around and break into tiny pieces, but if I do the work for them, they eat them right up.  I tend to keep a bowl beside the sink where all my cucumber and carrot peels, kale ribs, pepper seeds, not quite so crisp lettuce etc. as well as egg shells go.  Either early in the morning or late in the afternoon I throw it all on the chopping board and chop it all into chicken-bite-sized pieces, perhaps toss in a bit of scratch and bring it out to the girls.  They seem gobble it all down.

Thats good tips for newbies :)

Thanks for the goat info
hugs.gif
I'm sure he would get along fine with the horses here. While scanning the phone for the ex neighbors # a friend from Arvada called. Her 2 little girls aquired what she called 'a tub full of baby chicks' and asked if they could bring them over. I said it doesn't work that way, as my flocks are pretty well established. Any ideas/takers?

Thanks for the goat info
hugs.gif
I'm sure he would get along fine with the horses here. While scanning the phone for the ex neighbors # a friend from Arvada called. Her 2 little girls aquired what she called 'a tub full of baby chicks' and asked if they could bring them over. I said it doesn't work that way, as my flocks are pretty well established. Any ideas/takers?
I would take them !!! Wendy 233-0650

That's it, Wendell, I challenge you to a tight rope race across the Grand Canyon. Between the abandoned goat, the soon-to-be abandoned chicks, and the new job, this is is just too much. I'm gonna do what the puppy does and lay flat on the laundry room floor all day, where it's nice, cool, and quiet.

That's it, Wendell, I challenge you to a tight rope race across the Grand Canyon. Between the abandoned goat, the soon-to-be abandoned chicks, and the new job, this is is just too much. I'm gonna do what the puppy does and lay flat on the laundry room floor all day, where it's nice, cool, and quiet.
ROFL. That sound like the right idea!

On another note, I am in the process of getting someloads of FREE bark mulch! I'm going to unload it directly into the chicken yard and let the chickens have at it.
My trailer is already full, I will empty it this afternoon and bring it back to work tomorrow. My buddy Dave will be bringing his pickup and trailer tomorrow as well. He will use what he needs, then bring the rest over for the chickens. They will be in heaven!

You ALWAYS have so much going on, and you always seem to stay so positive. I think the way you, and a few others on this forum, deal with things helps remind me to step back and take a lighter look at things.

I learn a lot from everyone on this forum, and that includes reminders that things aren't always as bad as I think they are, and things can always be worse. It's funny how this interaction with people that I've never even met, has had such a big impact on me. BYC Colorado is my (nearly daily) inspiration. There's always something to make me smile. I know it isn't Thanksgiving, but I really appreciate everyone here!

x2!!! It is definitely nice to catch up on posts and feel the positive energy!- Must be from keeping chickens!! good for the soul!

Back
Top Bottom