Colorado

So, a few days ago our prospect for Cochins were few and far between. We were worried about diversity, having eggs from just one source. I happened on a 9 week old partridge Roo, and jumped at the chance to get him. Fast forward five days, and I've got 14 chicks from two places. The new Roo now needs a new home. He's already got great color coming in, nicely feathered feet, and is sweet like you expect a Cochin to be. PM if interested.

And a really bad pic of our CCL chicks from Ashdoes, Elvis and Eva. They wouldn't cooperate for pics today.
You seemed to have lucked out...that girls is colored just like our "perfect girl" nice cream in her neck. The Roo looks very nice too, no color coming in yet on his shoulders, we had only two correctly colored. Hope he has a better attitude then the others.

Update on the chickens (eggs) we got from CO BYC members:

Here is our little cochin from Suncatcher's eggs.

And here is a rooster from her eggs. His name is Dinner. He has neat coloring but he has wry tail and most importantly is mean to the girls! Which is why he is in the grow out cage. (don't worry, he doesn't use that waterer)

The rooster we are keeping from her eggs, our BCM, Carter

The silkies we kept from Pozees eggs:
Our roo, King (as in Don King)

And pullet, Crystal

And a really bad pic of our CCL chicks from Ashdoes, Elvis and Eva. They wouldn't cooperate for pics today.

btw, I saw this post on Craigslist today. They say they have cochins. No pics or details so I'm not sure of quality, but thought I'd share in case anyone is interested
http://denver.craigslist.org/grd/4596804321.html
They all look lovely!!! Not sure why the little frizzle is black, as I have no blacks in that pen?????
Love Carter! He looks full Marans!

Hello I was contacted by someone looking for fertilized eggs, as she has a broody hen. She was looking for blu/green eggs. We dot have any, if there is anybody here who wants to sell some please pm me and I will pass on the contact info.

You seemed to have lucked out...that girls is colored just like our "perfect girl" nice cream in her neck. The Roo looks very nice too, no color coming in yet on his shoulders, we had only two correctly colored. Hope he has a better attitude then the others.
I'll have to check out his color. I think he has a little color on his shoulder but I'm not sure. So far he is really nice. He comes and checks me out whenever I sit down. If I manage to grab him he doesn't struggle at all.

They all look lovely!!! Not sure why the little frizzle is black, as I have no blacks in that pen?????
Love Carter! He looks full Marans!
That's funny. We thought she would be mottled but she never got any white on her. We had named her Freckles but now we are trying to think of something else since that obviously doesn't fit.
I love Carter too. He is getting really pretty. He treats the girls nice and is kind to us too. A perfect gentleman.
I saw King being really rough with our little EE today. I grabbed him and held him for awhile and that seemed to settle him down but I'd better not see him do that again. She's not even laying yet!

I'll have to check out his color. I think he has a little color on his shoulder but I'm not sure. So far he is really nice. He comes and checks me out whenever I sit down. If I manage to grab him he doesn't struggle at all.

I can see a tiny tiny bit, but believe me, we've had some with fully orange backs by his age. So, he should turn out real nice. The two of them could possible make very pretty babies.

Back
Top Bottom