Colorado

Quote:
How old are you looking for? Hubby was already planning to get down to CS this weekend (or next) and could bring you a couple. They are s/r but maybe you can figure out which is what. Range in age from newly hatched to 11 weeks. Most are crossed black australorp girls on an egger roo, or egger girls with a beautiful blue ameraucana roo. I also have several black australorps.

I haven't started advertising yet, but I'll give first pick to BYCers. If you'd like to come up to look, that's good too. Just e-mail to discuss!

@ MyKidzLuvGreenEggz the older the better, but I dont have a lot to spend now, I may have to wait till laterin the season. so how many will depend on your price.
smile.png
Biggest problem is I am in town, so I can't chance getting a roo.
sad.png

Last edited:
I'm not sure an older bird would be such an issue. I mean isn't how you cook it anyway? anything is better than the nasty chicken they sell in the grocery stores these days. I don't expect or ask for much but I've gotten freezer burnt chicken half the time from the stores....yuck!

But better yet, my Coloradan friends....IT'S RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this calls for a toast, no? But please still no open flames...it's a dry rain.

Quote:
Booo!! I wish it would rain here. It certainly tried yesterday and you could even smell it in the air but nothing!!! We need it bad especially up your way. There are some major fires burning there!!!!

Well, Tiny is officially a boy. DH is still reluctant to let him go but too much longer and he's going to be heard outside the house. I'm pretty sure I heard his first attempt at crowing yesterday. He's not fully feathered yet (go figure, he's a day shy of 9 weeks and still has some fuzz on his back, behind and chest) so I'd like to wait a week or two before he actually goes to his new home.

Is anyone out there interested in a hatchery Light Brahma roo? He'd be free, I just want him to go to a home where he's not automatically destined for a stewpot.

61589_tinystance_8wk.jpg

61589_tiny_comb_8wks.jpg

Quote:
You call them and make an appointment to bring your birds in. They process on Saturday mornings. They'll ask you to arrive by 9am and drop off the birds in your cages (don't feed your birds the day before) and they'll be ready to pick up within a few hours. You pay when you pick up. ($3 per chicken)

When we go we drop off the birds and go over to the local cafe to eat breakfast while we wait. Our birds were ready by the time we were done with breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom