Colorado

I need help. I've been trying to find a home for my Silver Lace Wyandotte roo . So far no luck. Who on the northern front range can I take him to for processing? I'm in Longmont and feel bad I didn't have a roo plan in place but never intended on getting another chick because I can only have 4 and I had 4.
I put my roo on craigslist and had 5 offers in a few hours, mine went to a farm. I looked up no crow collars but was afraid i would hurt my roo

Last edited:
I need help. I've been trying to find a home for my Silver Lace Wyandotte roo . So far no luck. Who on the northern front range can I take him to for processing? I'm in Longmont and feel bad I didn't have a roo plan in place but never intended on getting another chick because I can only have 4 and I had 4.

Every poultry processor that I knew of, in your area, is gone. Even the small mom & pop operations have closed their doors. The State of Colorado passed some restrictive legislation in the mid to late 90's...and they all went away.

I used to raise turkies, and the little processor that I used did an awesome job. But they were forced to close their doors due to the draconian inspection requirements.

Heck...even the turkey processing plant in Longmont closed its doors by the early 2000's.

Last edited:
Every poultry processor that I knew of, in your area, is gone. Even the small mom & pop operations have closed their doors. The State of Colorado passed some restrictive legislation in the mid to late 90's...and they all went away.

I used to raise turkies, and the little processor that I used did an awesome job. But they were forced to close their doors due to the draconian inspection requirements.

Heck...even the turkey processing plant in Longmont closed its doors by the early 2000's.
You can get them done in Simla, Simla Frozen Meat Locker, he charges 3 bucks a bird for chickens.

The three cockerels today.....

I see your handsome cockerels COChix and am sad that I am not allowed a roo. Yours are super handsome and would be a grand addition to a flock. The colors you ended up with in them is quite nice. I sure hope someone that can take them in comes along. (unless I got that wrong and you are keeping them now)

Back
Top Bottom