Colorado

Quote:
Thank you. That is pretty much what I found out. I'll call and see what they say

No problem. You just caught me with a couple of free minutes at work. Good Luck!
smile.png

Quote:
You should call the Weld County folks and ask them - they may know and you'll put it on their radar that people consider this when they're thinking about where to move!

Last edited:
Quote:
You can check out the Loveland area (across the freeway from Greeley). It is VERY chicken friendly here! You are limited only to the amount you can care for! LOL Of course, you do have to watch HOA rules if you move into a newer community but I suspect that would apply anywhere!

Thanks! I think I will call the county extension office when we get closer. I really don't want to move and end up in a situation where I have to get rid of my girlies. Finding listings that are considered "rural" online has not been easy. Hoping to stay within 15 miles or so to Greeley so we don't have to deal with a huge hike during the winter.

Tikki
smile.png

Tikkijane winters are not at all what you think they will be! 15 years ago I moved here from SE Texas in November and was greeted by sun and t-shirt weather. (big surprise!) Don't let the drive fool you out here.
I am in Weld county in an unincorporated area, often roads are better out here than they are in town!!

Quote:
Some of the worst winter weather we drove in was coming back from Brighton in a total white out from blowing snow. We survived several winters of dh "commuting" to work in his Mustang, lol, and each spring, his was one of the only ones left on the road. His California rearing leaves him ok with the fog; and my Michigan raising has me not minding driving in the snow.His preference, of course, is not having any kind of snow.
lol.png
But, closer is always going to be better, mostly so he can come home for lunch. I figure, if there is enough snow any one year to justify it, he can get a snowmobile.
wink.png

The first year we moved out there (more N and E Co; about an hour out of Greeley), it was a solid -14 for the high for a few weeks. That winter was brutal, but not a lot of snow. Of course, last year we here had a week of crazy cold weather where days were at -11 for the high and down to -17. No snow, but the bizarre weather doesn't get to us a whole lot because we're used to it by now....
big_smile.png

Quote:
We just moved to Eaton which is about 20 minutes or so from Greeley. Although we live just outside the city limits, folks in town are allowed to have chickens. You could also look around Lucerne or Platteville - this is a little bit closer to Greeley.

Back
Top Bottom