Colorado

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by tsgreer, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington

Sorry I missed your post earlier. Streamers are little fly away feathers on the crest. Hens have more of a solid ball shape.

2. Ashdoes

Ashdoes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2012
    Peyton, CO
    I thought so...so, I've got a boy and a girl for sure, gotta check sprites head tomorrow. My blue boy has a messed up toe, and I'm having the hardest time fixing it. Not sure what to do if it won't fix...hubby is not happy one of the silkies might not be here when he gets back.

3. kmatt87

kmatt87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Northern Colorado
    I've been trying to catch up but using my slow nook and having 84 responses to read...... i'm going to have to go back to that. Question for you guys. We added a set of led rope lights to the coop and its only on from 4p -8p. Ever since my speckled sussex has been trying to sleep in the nesting box. She will roost if i pull her out. Tonight she was sleeping underneath the nesting box in the pine shavings. I just left her there since she wont get pooped on or make a mess of the nesting boxes. Have any of you dealt with this? She doesnt seem to care about the lights and is not ill or being picked on. Could she be cold on the roost and wants to sleep in the bedding for warmth?

4. ojoscafes15

ojoscafes15 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2012
    Hi Everyone

Its been a few months since I have been on the forum. My husband just got out of the military and is training for is new job. We have been staying with my inlaws in MO, but will be moving after the holidays.

We are looking for a chicken friendly rental home. I have been looking on craigs list but no luck.

We are in need of atleast 3 bedrooms preferably 4 bedrooms.
    Dog friendly, good school district
    We are hoping for 1500 a month or less.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Thanks so much

Melanie

5. marlo1968

marlo1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2012
    Lorenzo, TX
    They aren't molting - still fully feathered, and too young for a molt....I'm guessing the 3rd....they totally went on strike....not long after I improved the hen house and run actually....maybe they're wanting a chandalier???
    [​IMG]

6. dennarahl

dennarahl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2012
    Colorado

what area are you looking in?

7. WendyGeisler

WendyGeisler Chillin' With My Peeps

so today.. I chased a bobcat off of our property, sigh....
    my old house had bears, and the new house has bob cats.
    My chickies are in a huge run with no top cover, looks like that will be tomorrow's
    project.
    [​IMG]
    not the best photo, since I was running and trying to take the photo.
    the bob cat is in the center of the trail..

[​IMG]

8. ojoscafes15

ojoscafes15 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2012
    I am sorry, I thought I put that down. We are looking for in Ft. Collins.

9. wsmith

wsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Off to buy more lumber at Lowes........

Yesterday the oldest son and I got 6 more post holes dug. That should do it for this season. It took two of us 1 1/2 hours. They were very difficult. It seems that several years ago, before any houses were here, that the military cut across the area with large numbers of armored vehicles. You can see the path they took from the satelite photos. anyway, this old path cuts right through were I am building chicken things. The ground is extremely compacted and hard. The good thing is that when the posts are cemented in, they won't ever go anywhere.....

The posts will be for the remaining pens and for another shelter to store straw and other bedding, and various larger items that need a little protection from the elements. Open on two sides.

10. wsmith

wsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Yah, I'd be more concerend with the Bobcat and chickens more than the bears and chickens. Bobcats are smart and resourceful as well. Make it strong....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by