Colorado

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by tsgreer, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington

Probably in another month I can be 90% sure. I'm about 70% sure at the moment. One has a much larger comb than the other two which is what I am going off of right now. I am on the lookout for streamers now. :)

2. Ashdoes

Ashdoes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2012
    Peyton, CO
    And what are streamers? Lol. I've got three silkies, so any tips would be great. Two of mine are feathering pretty slow, and one is a lot puffier. And I'm keeping an eye on combs as well.

3. nigelthefish

nigelthefish New Egg

Oct 22, 2012

Wow, yeah that would be awesome. Mind waiting unfilled you know which is a roo? Don't want to run a fowl (haha) of the city of Denver....

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  4. Mommato5

Mommato5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011

For the longest time I was SURE he was a girl. He was the smallest, by a lot, and took forever getting his feathers! At 10 weeks my hubby pointed out his red comb and was concerned he was a boy. I posted his pic on the BYC forum and had a unanimous response that he was male.

And now he's crowing. Yesterday we thought we saw nubs where the spurs will grow. Someone else mentioned pointy saddle feathers, too. It's really sad because he was the favorite but we live in the city and noisy roosters are a no-no. At least he's going to a good home. :)

5. wsmith

wsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

We still get about 2 EE eggs per day. Don't know what they will do in the coming weeks. There are a couple of possibilities. 1. Are they in a moult?; 2nd, they may just have stopped or slowed down for the winter; 3rd, they are organized and are on strike, waiting for more treats or attention.... [​IMG]

6. wsmith

We haven't noticed a taste/flavor difference, only in the size and growth rate.

7. wsmith

The tail feather sickles and the long hackle feathers, combined with the larger comb are the giveaway. And of course, now that he's crowing there isn't any doubt. How is his "attitude"? Most all of the EE roosters we had were jerks. Maybe it was frustration with all those cute chicks outside in the run that they couldn't associate with.......[​IMG]

8. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington

I can wait a bit. :) I will try and organize a better photo shoot today and post in the 'what breed or gender' category. These three are cute but I am one over the legal limit for their coop size. :rolleyes: I think the code enforcement squealers moved but still...

9. wattsjadajoe

wattsjadajoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    Avondale, Colorado
    My Coop
    Yes. I do plan on hatching just to help out the breed if nothing else!!! I do plan on getting NPIP certified also. I have to get my flock all lined out first.

Joe

10. wsmith

Once we are both NPIP, I may want to get a few just for fun...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by