Colorado

Not yet but she is only getting louder, so it is a matter of time. Right now if I am home I go out and pick her up when she is really loud...she hates that.

Not yet but she is only getting louder, so it is a matter of time. Right now if I am home I go out and pick her up when she is really loud...she hates that.
I have a couple of pullets that get really loud, but usually its when they are waiting for the favorite nesting box. Of course when they lay an egg they think the whole world needs to know about it as well.....
After the drama of egg laying, they go back to being quiet again.

I have a couple of pullets that get really loud, but usually its when they are waiting for the favorite nesting box. Of course when they lay an egg they think the whole world needs to know about it as well.....
After the drama of egg laying, they go back to being quiet again.

My other two are quiet during laying so she does it when they are laying too and when she hears a noise (ie. neighbor in their yard) and does not see the cause of it. Also when we had a rabbit in the yard.

Is there any way to get a loud hen to be more quiet? 

What kind of hen is she?

My BR hen is the same way. Since she's first to wake in the morning, she stands out in the yard LOUDLY trying to wake up her sisters until they come out of the coop. She is also the town crier when it comes to egg laying, especially if someone has the audacity to lay an egg in HER box.

Bok bok bok BASQUAWK... what are you DOING? oh my oh MYGAWD! you're laying an EGG, an EGG, BASQUAWK!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh yeah, is anyone going to the Rock Ledge Ranch holiday evening in December? It's on Saturday the 15th. I was looking at their website and it sounds like a lot of fun! http://www.rockledgeranch.com/events-calendar :

Rock Ledge Ranch will be transformed with the sights, sounds, and aromas of this traditionally festive season.

The evening features jingle-bell wagon rides, old-time musical entertainment, lantern light tours to the 1860s homestead cabin, blacksmithing demonstrations, a barn dance, Victorian celebrations in the 1880s Rock Ledge House and Edwardian festivities in the 1907 Orchard House.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, is anyone going to the Rock Ledge Ranch holiday evening in December? It's on Saturday the 15th. I was looking at their website and it sounds like a lot of fun! http://www.rockledgeranch.com/events-calendar :
Rock Ledge Ranch will be transformed with the sights, sounds, and aromas of this traditionally festive season.
The evening features jingle-bell wagon rides, old-time musical entertainment, lantern light tours to the 1860s homestead cabin, blacksmithing demonstrations, a barn dance, Victorian celebrations in the 1880s Rock Ledge House and Edwardian festivities in the 1907 Orchard House.
if any of you go, be sure to check out the three Dominiques they have. Tell them Hi for me..
frow.gif

Last edited:
Bok bok bok BASQUAWK... what are you DOING? oh my oh MYGAWD! you're laying an EGG, an EGG, BASQUAWK!
:rolleyes:

OMG this has me laughing SO hard I have tears in my eyes! HILARIOUS!!! I can just hear it!

So, I am here putting together an order of spring chicks. So much fun! I'm ordering from Meyer and getting black copper Marans (low quality, I know, but I'm not buying them for breeding!), welsummers, 2 polish and some Easter Eggers! Earllest ship date is May already! Talk about planning ahead!

Back
Top Bottom