Colorado

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by tsgreer, Jul 3, 2008.

1. coloradogal

coloradogal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    I have 3 ducks I'd love to find a new home for. One is recovering from bumblefoot but they'd really love a place where they have a real pond, and not just a kiddee pool.

2. dennarahl

dennarahl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2012
    Colorado

ideal also has the broad breasted white and bronze that don't have a minimum order. I think i'm going to add a few to my chick order in the spring and then get some of the breedable types from Elizabeth country corner. or maybe i'll just get them from elizabeth. Haven't decided yet.

3. Chesterchook

Chesterchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:
    lol

@wsmith, what breed of turkeys did you have?

I like the Narragansetts and Bourbon Reds, love to get a few next spring, though the kids want guineas...

@dennarahl, is there a breeder in Elizabeth or are you referring to a person? I'd prefer getting some from a local hatchery/breeder if possible

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  4. wickedlees

wickedlees Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2012
    Centennial CO
    Me too! I'd rather buy local! Do you have the info? I'd like to place an order for spring. Anyone know about adding in chicks (even turkey) to the coop? I'm afraid they'll be mean to them.

5. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Well, DH did not get the DC job. Oh, well...

6. wsmith

wsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

We did Narragansetts

7. dennarahl

dennarahl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2012
    Colorado

im talking about the elizabeth country corner feed store. i dont know where they get turkeys and geese from, but the chicks came from a variety of big hatcheries last year.

8. Pozees

Pozees Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    I am gathering a Colorado order for Urch, I plan on some leghorns and Wendell wants Turkeys, I might even be in for a poult or two, I understand from another thread that running a turkey or two with the chickens helps prevent Marek's - and after seeing and reading about how delicious Wendell's was, what's not to like?

I am hoping to have time to call Mr. Urch this Friday, and would like to know then about how many birds I want to tell him we Colorado folk would like to order. If anyone needs his price sheet again just let me know. Those who have expressed interest, if you could let me know your thoughts by Friday, I would appreciate it. I believe those who expressed interest were Megshenhut, Pichuris, Suncatcher, and Maggiemo. It sounds like among us we could be looking at an order of maybe 50 chicks and poults. Delivery date may be up to him, but if we can still select dates, are most of you looking at March? April? May?

9. Pozees

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    So we get to keep you? Yay!

10. Pozees

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    Oh, do let us know!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by