Colorado

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by tsgreer, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Pozees

Pozees Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    LOL If you want I can raise them the first few weeks, or Wendell might offer as well - I haven't raised turkeys yet so he's probably in a better position, but if he doesn't have room I can raise them the first few weeks for you. Going to be raising chicks anyway.

2. wsmith

wsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Not NPIP. Does not ship.

3. wsmith

wsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Cool I didn't want to go back through a gazillion pages to find out who was doing the order. OK. I'm still in for 4.

4. Pozees

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    If I could sum up my week so far in one word, it would be UGH! Technology issues at work. Luckily we have cell phones and I have an air card. Sounds like tomorrow will be a stretch. Probably next week.

VERY happy to hear you will have pullets :) I would not think of Doms from anywhere else.

25-19 is NOTHING to be ashamed of! Sounds like it was not so easy a 100th win LOL.

5. Pozees

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    Tell me about it! What frustrates us at the sites is that despite the number of times we have asked for it, we cannot get approved to offer a discount on landfill loads for those who are already customers. The monthly charge is based on the overall market so they don't consider proximity to the disposal site when calculating collection rates. I have often advised customers who can't fill a toter or dumpster to share service with neighbors and split the cost. In many areas near the landfill, the only service offered is what the company considers commercial, where you get a 3 or 4 yard dumpster collected every two weeks. Most families can't fill it, so I recommend they check with neighbors to try and share costs. I'm happy to hear overall good, we have some great drivers working very hard for their wages.

6. Pozees

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    Oh well, Urch has them and sounds like he and his partners do a great job :)

7. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    DH just nixed turkeys. Kinda has a point with us not knowing if we will have to move next year. :/

8. Pozees

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    Do you have a preferred month?

9. Pozees

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    True enough. There will always be the next spring, right?

10. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington

True. Still disappointing though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by