Colorado

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by tsgreer, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Chesterchook

Chesterchook Chillin' With My Peeps

We were thinking if getting Turkeys in the spring, never had them before, except at dinner :)

2. wsmith

wsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

I just saw on the ALBC online directory, that there is a Narragansett turkey breeder out of cheyenne WY. Might be a nice day trip to pick some up..... I sent an email
    Ladonna Foley
    Foley Farms
    Cheyenne, WY
    email: [email protected]
    307-637-2866

3. AlivianAcres

AlivianAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2012
    Elizabeth Colorado
    Really? Wow. Crazy cheep!!! I have emailed! Thanks again!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  4. wsmith

No problem. it may take a few months to get it s heduled. We lucked out. Originally I was told it would be a couple of months, then two weeks later they were here!.

We raised two turkeys this past year. One committed canine suicide, the other attempted the same thing, but we saved him. He was delicious! Now I have a total of 9 veticle feet of wood fence and netting. I hope that will keep them in... I think that clipping wings, though effective, makes them look stupid.

5. wsmith

Verticle feet, surrounding the entire chicken yard......Spell check doesn't work while I'm in the office...

6. wickedlees

wickedlees Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2012
    Centennial CO
    I was looking at the broad breasted bronze, I've read they were good to raise in the city, not that noisy and very gentle. Most of the Hatcheries I look at say min of 25 birds! I'm ambitious and all, but 25? even if you lose some, I'd be overrun with birdies...

7. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    I would love to have two turkeys to raise next year. There is a guy down here sells them on Craigslist. I just have to wait for him to list again for the coming season. He charges $50+ per grown bird for those who just want to buy a non commercial bird around thanksgiving.

8. Chesterchook

Chesterchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Ideal hatchery has a minimum of ten, we got most of our chickens from them and they've all been healthy

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  9. wickedlees

wickedlees Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2012
    Centennial CO
    Awesome! I'll look and see when they start selling them again. My husband just shook his head and they have bets on if I will be able to eat it or not.

10. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    I will be working on DH on the Turkey Issue. No matter what I have to wait until they can live outside without their momma. I don't get why the garage count as 'part of the house' when there are no air ducts out there. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by