Colorado

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by tsgreer, Jul 3, 2008.

1. wsmith

wsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Just give it to them free choice. They will eat what they need, when they need it. Make sure they can't scratch it into the ground, or fill the container with debris. Mine is in an old flat tool tray, sitting on the roost. They hop up and take a few bites and go on their way.

2. wickedlees

wickedlees Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2012
    Centennial CO
    I just was able to go into Spouts and they gave me a HUGE (way more than I need) box of greens for my girls! Yippee! Also melon was only $1 so I got one for them as a treat. So spoiled. I have theirs in a feeder they don't knock it over unless they feel like it, I am going to get a long one that goes on the side of the coop or fence when we move the coop in the spring and add a run, right now they just run all around, but when the garden goes in.... no can do.

3. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello everyone! Do any of you know of any guinea fowl breeders? My female escaped and ran off last night. My dog tracked her to her remains, something got her, [​IMG]. My male is beside himself, I'd love to find him a new friend. Thanks for your help!
    Sonja

4. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  5. Pozees

Pozees Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    Well, I'm hoping to purchase a couple of your culled pullets for my laying flock, and I highly doubt I'm in the minority :)

Hoping and praying for good news from the scans.

If my week's craziness lets up tomorrow or Thursday I'll send you a PM to see if you're available for a visit. Yesterday and today defied logic. Tonight I got home so late I never saw my girls, because I leave before dawn and tonight home at dark.

6. Pozees

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    Yeah, they took two months to cash my check and I still haven't gotten my number.

7. Pozees

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    I have a two-hole el cheapo plastic dog dish that I got at one of the dollar stores, and I offer free choice oyster shell and grit in it, so they can decide what they need. I have noticed since I decreased the amount of layer in my fermented feed, they are using more oyster shell.

Makes sense to get CO bees, good tip. I will look at your blog, thanks for the link!

8. Pozees

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    Bummer. I've had Guinea Fowl in the past, and found they were far more inclined to just leave than chickens are.

9. suncatcher

suncatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2012
    In front of my computer
    Cool! lol

10. AlivianAcres

AlivianAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2012
    Elizabeth Colorado
    Anyone raising ducks?

Wickedlees: I am heading to your blog now!! Bees are a topic the hubby and I have been throwing around...defiantly looking to learn more!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by