Colorado

I'm really interested in finding out more about your tax exemption status. When you get a chance can I get some more info on that? I would love to be able to buy feed with no tax and I'm assuming there are some more wright offs I could use as well...

Gahhhh... Now I can't find that page. I saved the file as a PDF but I can't load it right now. Basically the law stipulated that you don't have to pay tax on feed and such supplies because of intent to resell. So if you bought 100 chicks from a hatchery with the intent to resell them you wouldn't need to pay tax on them BUT its with the clause that you charge tax when you sell your stock. And since feed goes to maintain that stock you don't pay tax on that either.

This is the long form, http://www.springsgov.com/units/salestax/Sales Tax Ordinance/Sales Tax ordinance CURRENT.pdf

Page twenty has the first snippet I found under trees and seeds... There is another booklet like this just for livestock specifically though.

Yay! I am officially an LLC! Brilliant Feathers Urban Farming!
big_smile.png
Congrats!
thumbsup.gif

Why in the world was Falcon Hwy plowed going west, but not eastbound? Makes no sense. Going to pick up the girls from school was clear, but the drive home was ice.

What are you guys using for feed? I'm looking at 17% Pullet grower for my wyandotte bantams I got coming.
Any favorites or hated brands?

Last edited:
I'm looking for a few (6) marans to add to my flock. Anyone know if I can get them here in CO. I live near Grand Junction so easy to west no problem!!  Thanks.

Elizabeth country corner has them. I ordered 2. They come in on the 1st of march. They have a few other nice breeds too. I have 2 Welsummer coming as well :). Though I'm not sure how far that is from you.

You can check their website www.elizabethcountrycorner.com

Back
Top Bottom