Colorado

New babies between a week and 2 weeks old. The BRs are in the front. Deanna Troi and Tasha. The BOs are next...Fantine & Cosette...and Eponine is the Black Australorp at the feeder. All healthy and bonded.

Reply [email protected] [?]
flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of
Posted: 2013-02-19, 10:47PM MST
Baby Chicks - $4 (Wheat Ridge)

3Ka3Mf3Fa5G55K75M3d2f343f9e69f79b18b8.jpg

Baby chicks have arrived at Wardle Feed and Pet Supply to many breeds to list starting this Saturday. 2/16/2013 after this Saturday news chicks will arrive weekly. Come in and select your baby chicks today.

http://wardlefeed.com/
7610 W 42nd Ave, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
Open Monday through Friday 8am until 6pm and Saturdays 8am until 4pm.

Come down Saturday 2/16/2013 and meet the beekeeper ask questions about keeping bees and starting your own hive.. Lakewood, Arvada, Wheat Ridge, Edgewater, Denver and many other Cities now allow beekeeping.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3619776004
Posted: 2013-02-19, 10:47PM MST

New babies between a week and 2 weeks old. The BRs are in the front. Deanna Troi and Tasha. The BOs are next...Fantine & Cosette...and Eponine is the Black Australorp at the feeder. All healthy and bonded.

LOVE Troi and Tasha. LOL My husband and I are nerds as well and we're pretty sure we'll be naming our first batch of chicks from the Whedonverse. We're getting a Buff Orpington so that one will HAVE to be Buffy, and we'll have to name the others accordingly. :) Hopefully we won't get any Xanders....

LOVE Troi and Tasha. LOL My husband and I are nerds as well and we're pretty sure we'll be naming our first batch of chicks from the Whedonverse. We're getting a Buff Orpington so that one will HAVE to be Buffy, and we'll have to name the others accordingly. :) Hopefully we won't get any Xanders....
Hope you post pics when you get them!
big_smile.png
We named our first flock from last year --six of them after the wives of Henry the 8th...lo and behold one Ameraucana was Henry. The rest of the girls are laying beautiful eggs for us. We gave Henry to a family out in Rush, CO. He was very handsome. All of these new babies we are pretty sure are girls. Our year old Buff...Anne Boleyn is my favorite...she is the lookout, very observant, and loves attention..very sweet and a good layer.

Too much influence on the entire flock. One hen will influence some offspring, but for example, next year I plan on using two breeding roosters. If i used a single comb rooster, he would pass on that single comb gene, and a huge number of his offspring would have it. By only using one hen, only 1/8 of the offspring should have it, keeping the gene in the pool, but limiting its effects

makes sense, thanks for explaining. :)

Back
Top Bottom