Colorado

Come to ChickenFest 2013 on May 18th. Or you can contact some of the local chicken keepers and see what they have. Most of us would be happy to show you and talk to you about our chickens!
cool.png
Yes, I wrote down the information for the chicken fest and I plan to attend. If my husband isn't working that day he would love to come as well. I will bring a dish but not sure what it will be....

Very excited to see your ranch and the chickens. Any other show isn't till June or later. Thank you for the invite.

Went in the coop this morning to discover my drake dead.
hit.gif
Just lying there. No injuries, no suspicious behavior. I asked a question on here, and someone said sudden death can happen.

I've heard sudden death occurs more often in ducks that have lost their mates so if this man has a mate, you might lose her. How old was your drake?

I picked up the chicks! They are so sweet! My hubby thinks I'm crazy, I've been sitting in the garage for two hours watching them
smile.png
everyone is eating and drinking. When can I stop worrying about pasty butt?
I appreciate your help!
Funny because a few weeks ago I was in your same situation. My husband thought I too was crazy. He has never had chickens before but he does love eggs so he was very open to the idea. When I got the chicks I would watch and worry that they were okay. Now after 5 weeks I still worry but a little less. One chick I bought had pasty butt. I started a thread called 'poopy butt' to ask questions. I cleaned up my chick, put her on good feed along with the others along with yogurt twice a week and she did just fine. We never stop worring about our pets because they can not speak to us and tell us when things are wrong. I am sure you are a very good 'broody' mom and your chicks will do fine. Be sure to get tons of pictures of them while they are in that cute stage because in just a week or two they will begin to grow feathers and look a bit 'odd'. Good luck and keep us posted.

Turkey
he.gif

Poult
he.gif

won't
he.gif

shut
he.gif

up!!!!!!!!!!
he.gif

3 hours of non-stop noise!!!!!!

Only 45 min till I get off and can take this little loudmouth home to his buddies!!!!!!!
lol.png

Wendell- I feel your pain. I have one down in the brooder right now that can go for hours. Except when I walk down to try and figure out who it is, she stops. Stinker. I can hear her all the way upstairs. In the bedroom. With the door closed.

Heading to the Denver Urban Homesteading swap today. Debating picking up an emu egg for omletts just because... Anyone else attending?

I
:lol:

Wendell-  I feel your pain.  I have one down in the brooder right now that can go for hours.  Except when I walk down to try and figure out who it is, she stops.  Stinker.  I can hear her all the way upstairs.  In the bedroom.  With the door closed.

Heading to the Denver Urban Homesteading swap today.  Debating picking up an emu egg for omletts just because...  Anyone else attending?
[/quote Is that every Saturday? Also is it somewhere off of Sant Fe? I want to go check it out but I'm always bzy with wrestling volleyball or soccer or football depending on the season on Saturdays? What kind of stuff do they have there?

Honestly, I would just give her some info on where to find adult laying hens, and leave it up to her to handle. Tell her your willing to answer questions, help her set things up, but that you don't currently have anything for sale, and really don't anticipate having any in the future.

I am always willing to help someone locate what they need, but I would not just hand over the hens I raised, without extenuating circumstances.

Family likes to blur the boundaries and take advantage. It's up to you whether you let them.
got a problem:

hubbies aunt just asked me if i would sell her three of my 12 week olds. i hate when this happens, every time i add something cool to my life (being my chickens at the moment) family und friends want to take it away und add my happy to their lives. i guess they think it will bring them happy too. i don't want to get rid of any that i have raise but i know a lot of you sell or trade. she does not want to go through the baby stages so she want older chicks. grrr. i had to go through losing four little ones und now they want to take them after i got them through the hard part. since she does not want to go through to baby stages i told hubby to get an adult because mine are not going to be laying soon und i am not going to get rid of my two adults (which i raised from chicks). so i am now in the market for three adult (ether almost laying or laying) chickens. i have the (Quarantäne) area for them and i can help her with a small coop. i just don't want to let go of my girls

this might sound wrong but i got my zoning limit of 10 chickens und i can share the eggs but why would they want my chickens, cant they get they own.
rant.gif

can anyone PM me and let me know if you can help?

lol.png

Wendell- I feel your pain. I have one down in the brooder right now that can go for hours. Except when I walk down to try and figure out who it is, she stops. Stinker. I can hear her all the way upstairs. In the bedroom. With the door closed.

Heading to the Denver Urban Homesteading swap today. Debating picking up an emu egg for omletts just because... Anyone else attending?
... or you could put it in your incubator for two months and see if you get an emu chick! LOL I read a thread about hatching emu eggs, not for the faint of heart. 55-60 days, too dark to candle, so the gal that wrote the thread weighed the eggs and watched for them to start rocking the last week. Quite an investment.

Honestly, I would just give her some info on where to find adult laying hens, and leave it up to her to handle. Tell her your willing to answer questions, help her set things up, but that you don't currently have anything for sale, and really don't anticipate having any in the future.

I am always willing to help someone locate what they need, but I would not just hand over the hens I raised, without extenuating circumstances.

Family likes to blur the boundaries and take advantage. It's up to you whether you let them.

X2

I've heard sudden death occurs more often in ducks that have lost their mates so if this man has a mate, you might lose her. How old was your drake?
I was visiting an uncle decades ago... he had built a house to look like a castle (with a suit of armor on display in a turret-alcove). The pond was filled with friendly ducks that would come to us for a treat, and climb in your lap to snuggle. While I was petting one, it suddenly dropped dead. I felt like I had killed it somehow (I was 9, and had a huge guilt-complex, courtesy of my mom).

Uncle said "it happens sometimes", and took it to the kitchen for butchering.

Went in the coop this morning to discover my drake dead.
hit.gif
Just lying there. No injuries, no suspicious behavior. I asked a question on here, and someone said sudden death can happen.

hugs.gif
I hate that feeling of not knowing why.

Kitty, that will be a very nice coop.

All of my "Mayahans" are now laying. I have 2 green egg layers (yesterday) and 2 dark brown egg layers. Just an FYI!
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom