Colorado

For anyone interested, Wardle Feed in Denver will be doing a chicken swap, here's the email I got:

Chicken Swap

Free Admission!
Chicken swaps are from 8AM to 2PM on the third Saturday of the chick season. We meet in the field behind Wardle Feed and Pet. Come buy and sell chickens, goats, rabbits, ducks and more!

• May 18th
  • June 15th
  • July 20th

My clan will be there, with chicks for prizes and more than likely my BO roo for someone to take home. He has gotten quite posessive of the hens and like to attack my kids and wife. It is time for him to go. My kids wont let me take care of him. Maybe someone else can. He would be good for the stew pot. He is about 8 pounds.
We will see everyone tomorrow.

My clan will be there, with chicks for prizes and more than likely my BO roo for someone to take home. He has gotten quite posessive of the hens and like to attack my kids and wife. It is time for him to go. My kids wont let me take care of him. Maybe someone else can. He would be good for the stew pot. He is about 8 pounds.
We will see everyone tomorrow.
Yummy!

Process and let him sit in the fridge for 2 days minimum. Then cook him at a nice low temp about 225 F for three hours, and he will be the most delicious fowl you have tasted! Throw in some wild rice with mushroom and bacon, maybe some carrots......
Now I'm hungry!

Have fun tomorrow and take lots of pictures. I have to work or I would be there. I would love to find homes for some of my birds, and I would love to put some faces to screen names I see here.

Said goodbye to my first meatys today, I raised them for a neighbor. I know I am trying to do this for my family, We have an appt in Simla on the eighteenth for the rest of my Cornish x. Some how it saddens my day a little. They are sweet little fat chicks that rush me every time they see me.

Can you pm me or post the Simla contact info?

[COLOR=FF0000]Hey [/COLOR] Does anyone else get Miller moths about this time of year?  Every spring they invade the house like locusts.  They make a nasty mess when you swat them so there are traps everywhere.  I sealed up every possible entrance but the little ******** still get in.  I have trained both the puppy and 2 kitties to eat them but still end up chasing them around with a vacuum. :he   I'm sure it's quite a sight.  How do you get rid of those things?  Move the chooks in? :confused:

X2 for the vacuum suggestion someone posted, the hose attachment works great for sucking the little buggers up

I found my d'uccle this morning. I have been on evenings for the last 2 days and when I come home at night, she (Millie), was no place to be found. Finally, this morning, she pops her head out. She was hiding in the garage. So I pick her up and she rewards me for my excitement by pooping allll over me. Yup. It's definitely a good day. =)

Back
Top Bottom