Colorado

Hello, and excuse me if I ruin your post but I'm new here and I would like to know how can I make my own post. Thank you, and sorry again.

Hi from Franktown! You couldn't possibly ruin this thread
tongue.png
and if by 'new post' you mean thread heres how. Just go to which ever section in 'forum' you want to put it in, then click 'start a new thread'. badabing

Hello and welcome! No way could you ruin a post or thread. Are you wanting to post a new thread? Yep, just click the "start a new thread" is in the upper left of the current thread. What kind of chickens do you have? Lots to read and learn from on this site! Again, Welcome!

So yesterday my 13 week old barred rock found a cigarette butt that was thrown into my yard, I guess, since I don't smoke. I tried to get it, but she swallowed it before I could get to her. She seemed fine, but today she is 'gaping' every once on a while. I can't see it in her throat. Will it pass eventually, or should I be worried?

My daughter and I went to the Chicken and rabbit show Saturday morning. There were some great birds. I loved the standard black cochin that was best Asiatic. We had a great time.

So yesterday my 13 week old barred rock found a cigarette butt that was thrown into my yard, I guess, since I don't smoke. I tried to get it, but she swallowed it before I could get to her. She seemed fine, but today she is 'gaping' every once on a while. I can't see it in her throat. Will it pass eventually, or should I be worried?
Most cigarette butts are made of cotton, but cheaper ones have fiberglass in them. I have run a few through the wash, and they don't expand. One thing, though, I have never found the paper they are wrapped in. Maybe that helps a little, I hope? The vet here (Swikowski) does birds at the Franktown Animal Clinic. 303-688-4690 Good luck, P

I don;t know, but you might want to cross post this question on the medical/help section too! Yikes!

Cool Megshenhut! Next show I am making time to go!!!!
smile.png
Yep, black Cochins are very popular to show, or so I have been told!

Didn't make it to the rescue today, had a lot to do around my place and decided they might appreciate help more during the week when many people are working and unable to volunteer.

Well, my birds definitely like meat. I scored yesterday at Spring Spree. Only found one place selling ribs, which I wanted. They turned out to be horrible ribs. When I bought them they asked me if I wanted bones or no bones. (???) No bone ribs???? Well, after I forced myself to eat the horrible ribs, I decided to bring the bones home for the girls. Then a light went off.......if they are cutting the ribs off the ribs for some people, maybe they will give/sell me the bones only. So I went back, asked what they did with the bones. Was told, no (stupid woman) they didn't cut them off the bone, they bought the meat without bones. I basically said too bad, I wanted to buy the extra bones for my chickens. To my surprise they came out with a rack of ribs that had been seriously overcooked and gave them to me. Happy chickens!!!! Well, don't tell, but my dog was pretty happy too! If I had liked the ribs, I might even have salvaged some for myself.

Wendell, how is your hatch going?

D

Wendell, how is your hatch going?
Candled the eggs this morning. Of the 13 eggs that made it through the 1st candleing, I pulled out 6 that had stopped developing. Of the 12 that went in last week, I pulled out 5. So....I have 7 that look good for hatching next week, and 7 that are looking good at one week. Currently I am saving up eggs for the next round!

Candled the eggs this morning. Of the 13 eggs that made it through the 1st candleing, I pulled out 6 that had stopped developing. Of the 12 that went in last week, I pulled out 5. So....I have 7 that look good for hatching next week, and 7 that are looking good at one week. Currently I am saving up eggs for the next round!

Sounds excellent! Thank goodness :)

Back
Top Bottom