Colorado

Took the starter out last night and took it to O'Reilly's just to make sure it was good. They tested and said it was fine. DH put it back in this morning and the car started right up. :)
I had the same thing happen to me with a 1974 AMC Matador. I swapped out 2 starters that I thought were bad until I figured out that the car wouldn't start because of safety switch in the shift column that keeps the starter from getting juice unless it's in Park or Neutral. Things had gotten a little sloppy in there and I had to push the shifter so that the switch would make contact and complete the circuit.

I had the same thing happen to me with a 1974 AMC Matador. I swapped out 2 starters that I thought were bad until I figured out that the car wouldn't start because of safety switch in the shift column that keeps the starter from getting juice unless it's in Park or Neutral. Things had gotten a little sloppy in there and I had to push the shifter so that the switch would make contact and complete the circuit.
Yeah. The NSS (neutral safety switch) failure is common. I checked for that too. Apparently it was just a bad connection and when it got put back together it fixed it. Started it multiple times today with no problem.

Anybody interested in a Barred Rock rooster? He's 9 weeks old and a real sweetie but I can't keep him. Asking $5 for anyone who wants to give him a good home or maybe just have him over for dinner
smile.png

PM me if you're interested.

I have two lovely EE's (3 months) and a young Polish roo to give to a good home. I made the mistake of posting on craigslist and gave gotten some dicey responses. I just want them in good homes with some free range time. I live in Littleton and will drive to meet you.

I have a trio of 2yr old laying giant pekings for sale or trade for smaller ducks, large rabbits or quail. Both ducks are laying, but the drake is too big for my other ducks . Offer is up for a few days, then they are moving to the freezer. Colorado Springs/woodland park area

Last edited:
Good morning, Colorado! Today, I could hear one of my cockerels trying to crow. Maybe later on today, I can do some spying to see who is the culprit. It's always kind of funny when a cockerel is learning to crow. :)

I have two lovely EE's (3 months) and a young Polish roo to give to a good home. I made the mistake of posting on craigslist and gave gotten some dicey responses. I just want them in good homes with some free range time. I live in Littleton and will drive to meet you.

Are you sure they are roosters? The EE have female coloring and the polish doesn't have a spiky crest like the boys usually do. Maybe it's just the pic? We had a splash polish that looked just like that and is female.

I think she is saying the EE are pullets and the polish is a roo? Aren't those pretty big waddles on that polish for that age? I have two 9 week old polish birds and they have zero waddles. One of mine is kind of spiky compared to that one though, so maybe I have a roo? .

Back
Top Bottom