Colorado

Hello fellow Coloradans. I am looking to place an order of bulk feed (multiple tons), and wanted to see if anyone would be interested in buying a portion. The feed is non-corn non-soy certified organic and I've included the ingredient list below. You would have to provide your own container for storage and pick it up in Colorado Springs. Price for the feed will be $.55 per pound. If you are interested, or might be interested in the future pm me and I will start an email list for when I'm getting ready to order. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

Ingredients: Organic lentils, organic wheat, organic millet, organic flax seed, calcium carbonate, organic mustard, organic black beans, fish meal, organic oats, organic alfalfa, organic molasses, organic poultry premix (DL Methionine, Ferrous Sulfate, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Reed Sedge Peat, Monosodium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Folic Acid, Niacin, Choline Chloride, Biotin, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Beta Carotene, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Ascorbic Acid, Yeast Culture, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ferric Choline Citrate Complex, Organic Dried Kelp, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Cobalt Choline Citrate Complex, Salt, Copper Choline Citrate Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Potassium Chloride, Attapulgite Clay, Organic Fabaceae, Organic Poaceae, Organic Fenugreek, Organic Grape Seed Extract, Organic Lecithin, Organic Flax Meal, Enzyme Product, Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Citric Acid, Calcium Hydroxide, Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate, Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate, Manganese Sulfate, Organic Garlic, Diatomaceous Earth, Silicon Dioxide, Organic Dried Whole Milk, Organic Sugar, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Potassium Proteinate, Organic Dry Whole Egg, Organic Tomato Powder, Organic Sources used (Orange Peel Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Dandelion Root, Dandelion, Cloves, Sage, Peppermint, Fennel, Hops, Parsley, Thyme, Lemon Grass, Elder Flowers, Chamomile Flowers, Licorice, Basil, and Ginger) for Water Extracts using Fermentation Aids, Organic Oat Groats, Yucca Schidigera Whole Plant Product, Organic Gelatin, Organic Rice Bran, Yeast, Granite Dust, Perfect Food Raw, Coral Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfate Complex), salt, organic D.U.A. (Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Reed Sedge Peat, Monosodium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Folic Acid, Niacin, Choline Chloride, Biotin, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Calcium Pantothenate, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Beta Carotene, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Ascorbic Acid, Yeast Culture, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ferric Choline Citrate Complex, Organic Dried Kelp, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Cobalt Choline Citrate Complex, Salt, Copper Choline Citrate Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Potassium Chloride, Attapulgite Clay, Organic Fabaceae, Organic Poaceae, Organic Grape Seed Extract, Organic Lecithin, Organic Flax Meal, Enzyme Product, Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Citric Acid, Calcium Hydroxide, Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate, Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate, Manganese Sulfate, Organic Garlic, Diatomaceous Earth, Organic Dried Whole Milk, Organic Sugar, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Activa Natural Source Mg, Fe, K, Organic Dry Whole Egg, Organic Tomato Powder, Organic Sources used (Orange Peel Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Dandelion Root, Dandelion, Cloves, Sage, Peppermint, Fennel, Hops, Parsley, Thyme, Lemon Grass, Elder Flowers, Chamomile Flowers, Licorice, Basil, and Ginger) for Water Extract using Fermentation Aids, Organic Oat Groats, Yucca Schidigera Whole Plant Product, Organic Gelatin, Zinc Sulfate, Yeast, Organic Rice Bran, Granite Dust, Perfect Food Raw).

First they told me that they were extra "packing chicks" for warmth and that they were probably leghorn males. I told them that was great, only there was nothing else in the box for them to keep warm. Then they really apologized and said they would reship the turkeys this Thursday.
th.gif
Those are going to be some expensive turkeys by the time you are done with the packaging!

Gave miss broody Cornish 8 eggs today, she had been broody for about a week and a half, sleeping on nest box, no stomach or breast feathers, grabs a bite to eat when take off empty nest and the goes directly back to nest. So we gave here eggs after she was taken off a empty nest for sprouted boss, she went back to find 8 eggs in her spot and she settled right in and gave me stern growls and hisses.

:fl

The broody is definitely catching! I had 2 white bresse broody in 1 box so yesterday my bf cut up some totes to make more broody nests.

I have my ee Bessie on crested cream legbars, white bresse and ayam cemani eggs :) I put the white bresse onto 2 bourbon red turkey and several runner duck eggs. 2 other muscovy are on a total of 20 muscovy eggs, another muscovy is on bresse eggs and another bresse is on bresse and ccl x ayam cemani eggs from my flock. I also have others hatching out bresse and other eggs for me.. umm. Yeah. Oh. And my incubator is full of 48 eggs and someone is also hatching duck eggs for me.

Good thing we're buying the acre next to us this year. They have been working in that yard all day as the storm had really done some damage.

We figure we can rent out our turnkey urban homestead and open it up to the place next door we're buying and fixing up for less than we pay now :) for more land and I get a new kitchen and possibly new bathroom to design. :) and goats :)

One of my beehives is doing better than the other.

And freezer camp for the 8 cx meaties is soon.

Hello fellow Coloradans. I am looking to place an order of bulk feed (multiple tons), and wanted to see if anyone would be interested in buying a portion. The feed is non-corn non-soy certified organic and I've included the ingredient list below. You would have to provide your own container for storage and pick it up in Colorado Springs. Price for the feed will be $.55 per pound. If you are interested, or might be interested in the future pm me and I will start an email list for when I'm getting ready to order. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

Ingredients: Organic lentils, organic wheat, organic millet, organic flax seed, calcium carbonate, organic mustard, organic black beans, fish meal, organic oats, organic alfalfa, organic molasses, organic poultry premix (DL Methionine, Ferrous Sulfate, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Reed Sedge Peat, Monosodium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Folic Acid, Niacin, Choline Chloride, Biotin, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Beta Carotene, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Ascorbic Acid, Yeast Culture, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ferric Choline Citrate Complex, Organic Dried Kelp, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Cobalt Choline Citrate Complex, Salt, Copper Choline Citrate Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Potassium Chloride, Attapulgite Clay, Organic Fabaceae, Organic Poaceae, Organic Fenugreek, Organic Grape Seed Extract, Organic Lecithin, Organic Flax Meal, Enzyme Product, Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Citric Acid, Calcium Hydroxide, Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate, Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate, Manganese Sulfate, Organic Garlic, Diatomaceous Earth, Silicon Dioxide, Organic Dried Whole Milk, Organic Sugar, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Potassium Proteinate, Organic Dry Whole Egg, Organic Tomato Powder, Organic Sources used (Orange Peel Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Dandelion Root, Dandelion, Cloves, Sage, Peppermint, Fennel, Hops, Parsley, Thyme, Lemon Grass, Elder Flowers, Chamomile Flowers, Licorice, Basil, and Ginger) for Water Extracts using Fermentation Aids, Organic Oat Groats, Yucca Schidigera Whole Plant Product, Organic Gelatin, Organic Rice Bran, Yeast, Granite Dust, Perfect Food Raw, Coral Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfate Complex), salt, organic D.U.A. (Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Reed Sedge Peat, Monosodium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Folic Acid, Niacin, Choline Chloride, Biotin, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Calcium Pantothenate, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Beta Carotene, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Ascorbic Acid, Yeast Culture, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ferric Choline Citrate Complex, Organic Dried Kelp, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Cobalt Choline Citrate Complex, Salt, Copper Choline Citrate Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Potassium Chloride, Attapulgite Clay, Organic Fabaceae, Organic Poaceae, Organic Grape Seed Extract, Organic Lecithin, Organic Flax Meal, Enzyme Product, Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Citric Acid, Calcium Hydroxide, Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate, Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate, Manganese Sulfate, Organic Garlic, Diatomaceous Earth, Organic Dried Whole Milk, Organic Sugar, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Activa Natural Source Mg, Fe, K, Organic Dry Whole Egg, Organic Tomato Powder, Organic Sources used (Orange Peel Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Dandelion Root, Dandelion, Cloves, Sage, Peppermint, Fennel, Hops, Parsley, Thyme, Lemon Grass, Elder Flowers, Chamomile Flowers, Licorice, Basil, and Ginger) for Water Extract using Fermentation Aids, Organic Oat Groats, Yucca Schidigera Whole Plant Product, Organic Gelatin, Zinc Sulfate, Yeast, Organic Rice Bran, Granite Dust, Perfect Food Raw).

Looks like the feed I used to buy, the more you buy the cheaper it is, is sourced out of Nebraska not Colorado which was disappointing. I stopped ordering when our guys blew through 200 lbs in a month. I can buy cheaper from feed stores in area, non-GMO/soy and pay a fraction of what I was paying. Just my experience.

Last edited:
I havent found non-corn, non-soy organic for less than 75 cents a pound here.
Looks like the feed I used to buy, the more you buy the cheaper it is, is sourced out of Nebraska not Colorado which was disappointing. I stopped ordering when our guys blew through 200 lbs in a month. I can buy cheaper from feed stores in area, non-GMO/soy and pay a fraction of what I was paying. Just my experience.

I havent found non-corn, non-soy organic for less than 75 cents a pound here. 

Yeah it can be hard to find.

So just wanted to post a shot of this cutie, she is one of our BO x EE and she is already getting puffy cheeks. Some are getting so cute now!

The gang

Will be moving them tomorrow to new brooding spot in small coop. Will post up pics tomorrow but did most the work today. It felt good to be in the sun!

You could probably get away with 1/2 inch as it's not a real load bearing situation...Nest boxes are pretty small and light weight compared to say a coop roof...
I was thinking about 1/2" but after skimping on materials the first time I started thinking about overkill. :) Definitely not load bearing, though. A larger lid should help. The original barely covered
the box.

Back
Top Bottom