Colorado

yuckyuck.gif
My golden is a chicken when it comes to thunder or fireworks... she gets all spastic and hyper ventilates, tries to hide under anything she can or get into someone's lap as an alternative. The funniest time was when she decided to hide in the bathtub... must have thought a tornado was coming or something... Glad you won't have to sit in a hot parking lot all day. Hope you get to do something fun for you. (chicken at the butterfly pavilion... BRILLIANT!
gig.gif
)

Hey peeps...how's everyone' so locks doing? Mine are good except for one major issue...I had separated my roo from the hens as he left them featherless on their backs and while he was protected in a smaller coop, something managed to get in an get him! I was mortified. His name was al and was a beautiful bird, but overly aggressive and it wasn't changing. In fact, he was headed to someone else who was going to process him anyway but that is not a good way to go. So, I put a critter cam outside but the culprit never returned. Thankfully the main coop alphas a solar door and locks the girls in safely every night. But wow...poor dude.

I wonder if anyone has any blue orpingtons available? I branched out to other breeds last year and while they've been good layers their peeps have not been except for the orpingtons and I think I'd like to begin possibly breeding orps. My wife and daughter love the blues the best.

Post here or pm if you know of any available!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy B-Day 21 hens!

Sorry Ryan for the loss of your roo and I hope you find some nice birds. My new favorite birds are the Basque. The oldest ones that I have are about 6 weeks and they are crazy friendly and very outgoing. I can tell they will be great foragers and they have already figured out how to get into the main pen and do so with abandon. The other chicks are more cautious. The Icelandics are pretty good at getting around, but not as friendly.

Happy B-Day 21 hens!
Thanks. LOL I am just hanging out at home. I got the girls a watermelon WITH SEEDS. I was surprised to find them at the store. I think they are happy with that choice. My thermometer is reading 97 already today. BLECH!
Thinking about making a pasta salad and perhaps a pound cake or something. Kinda nice and quiet today.

Hubby just got home from the bike and car show. He is so proud lol. He won first place peoples choice award. There were 3 prizes total he won but I am not sure what they were for.
I will say it is a nice bike.
(OK super nice
roll.png
)

Mini rant..............

Tomorrow is my b-day. I want to do something simple like staying out of the heat. Maybe catch a movie or something. :cool:

DH took it upon himself to enter the Harley in a motorcycle and car show. :rant He wants me to go with. OH GOODIE, another day of blazing heat stuck in a parking lot all dang day. :mad:

Rant over thanks for listening.
my sentiments exactly! I am setting up a movie to watch in the basement and popping popcorn to appease my heat-activated appetite. Too bad there are so many other things I should be doing. Best regards,
Laurie in Berthoud

:yuckyuck   My golden is a chicken when it comes to thunder or fireworks... she gets all spastic and hyper ventilates, tries to hide under anything she can or get into someone's lap as an alternative.  The funniest time was when she decided to hide in the bathtub... must have thought a tornado was coming or something... Glad you won't have to sit in a hot parking lot all day. Hope you get to do something fun for you. (chicken at the butterfly pavilion... BRILLIANT! :gig )
THAT is funny.

Wow, so if anyone is looking for some frying pan meat birds, Meyer has a really good deal, with shipping (for me) $1.49 a bird for 25 or $1.36 a bird if you get 50. All rooster assortment.

Happy B-Day 21 hens!

Sorry Ryan for the loss of your roo and I hope you find some nice birds.   My new favorite birds are the Basque.  The oldest ones that I have are about 6 weeks and they are crazy friendly and very outgoing.  I can tell they will be great foragers and they have already figured out how to get into the main pen and do so with abandon.  The other chicks are more cautious.  The Icelandics are pretty good at getting around, but not as friendly. 

Thanks...I have to say the wife and kid were mortified when they found him. I leave for work very early and my daughter noticed he wasn't crowing as usual and she found him in a terrible state. I feel so badly. I don't neglect or fail to take proper care of my animals and I still have no idea how something got in to his coop. Gah! I use that coops as an isolation coop or a place to put a hen with chicks and now I have to re do it as I don't know how it all happened.

So does everyone here buy from hatcheries? Or are there reputable breeders in the area you'd suggest?

Back
Top Bottom