Colorado

Nothing her just the sweet smell of springtime rain in the air. I
love.gif
that smell...

Well, I went to Woodland Feed Store in Deer Trail today (over a 100 mile round trip) ...met the most kind hearted woman who owns the place. The building used to be the bank back in the early 1900's. Very cool. And, I came home with 2 Black Marans. 5 weeks old.. Can't wait to see their egg color. They're not breeder quality but that's fine with me. I just want them to love and enjoy.

As we were standing there by the counter, this little red parrot looking bird is walking towards us. She tells me to pick her up, I have thoughts of losing some part of my hand if I do this but I pick her up. Her name is Daquiri and she's ARRRRGGHH I can't think of the name but she's maybe 8-9 inches high, all red except for her wings that have purple and blue. BEAUTIFUL!! and the best personality. The owner says she traded a bag of dog food for her if I remember right. Nice trade!!

And...I also saw my first adult and day olds Button Quail!! If you haven't seen these guys, it's a must. Especially the babies, so adorable
love.gif
It was a fun fun day!
celebrate.gif

Sounds like you had a very good day! I day-dream of getting more chicklets (not to mention a couple of goats) but not right now. My three girls are spittin' out eggs like crazy.

rant.gif
on the wind!! I am sooo tired of the house rattling, sounding like it's going to take off or blow apart any minute now. And the house just gets so chilled when the wind is blowing at 200 mph. Ok I exaggerate a little but it sounds like it's blowing that hard.
somad.gif

Okay, checked the www.manifestedwings.com again this morning and they hace new chicks available. Salmon Favs, Buff Orps, Barred Rocks. Good thing for me they weren't there yesterday, Id've come home with more than 2 .

I have been lurking on this thread for a while and enjoying all of your weather comments. The wind is ridiculous! My chickens cannot even move into it, they go backwards, so they have opted for staying in the coop.
smile.png

Colorado chick, I am dying to know what type of bird that little red parrot was that you saw yesterday. Was it an eclectus? I didn't spell that right. I have a parrot addiction in addition to my chicken addiction. Was it as big as a pigeon or smaller?

Ugh, we had to go out in this wind and trim the horses' hooves when the farrier came. Then my big 2000 lb gelding stepped on my foot and broke my toe so between the ears stopped up from the wind and the pain in my foot I'm not off to a good start this week.

Hi Holly,

Welcome! Where in Colorado are you? How long have you been chickening? I'm quite new, only since July. My girls have just (all) become proficient, prolific layers. I'm adding all sorts of egg recipes to my cooking repetoir.

Back
Top Bottom