Colorado

PAGOSA SPRINGS, here 4 white leghorns, 8 Rhode Island reds, 8 dorkings.
Hello all you Coloradans anyone else around pagosa?

so I took the little dude out yesterday. Dad as very concerned about it when he started peeping. Set it on the ground and dad herded it into the house away from me. Moms and babies came out to check it out. Everything good. Babies show it where to eat. Moms let it take a nap. Everything looks great. Fast forward 5 hours and the older goose snaps at him. Dad joins in. Now he's an intruder. Back he goes in the brooder with a bunch of EEs. I knew it was too easy. He'll be tame by the time he goes out.
IMG_20180428_102526.jpg

Kaylee gave me a bit of a scare this morning. I couldn't find her or her chicks in the coop. Turns out she took them outside for the first time. Kaylee has been a really good mom. She is normally very timid but she has been attentive and protective of her babies. She even pecked at one of the older ducks. None of the chickens ever do that. She also adopted one of the Wellsumer/cross chicks that I put out in the coop a couple days after I gave her the original three so now she has four.
IMG_3535.JPG
IMG_3538.JPG
IMG_3541.JPG
IMG_3544.JPG
IMG_3546.JPG

Hello from the western slope of Colorado delta county! Hope everyone has been enjoying the weather. I am having respiratory issues in my chicks-purchased this year from Murdoch's- ratlled breathing and sneezing. No discharge of eyes or nose. One on my light brahma air sac? -in front of her Meyer behind the nostril- inflates and deflates with breathing? Any advice

5C1A88FF-009B-48D5-A238-EC8F313423D7.jpeg
19547E6F-141B-481E-9495-C03574323D00.jpeg

Discovered that Epiphany had been hiding eggs and decided to start sitting on them on Sunday. I just checked them this morning & they’re developing. I’m kinda in shock because my cemani hens have never been seriously broody and I wasn’t planning of having chicks this year. Not sure what I’m going to do now. :barnie

Hello from the western slope of Colorado delta county! Hope everyone has been enjoying the weather. I am having respiratory issues in my chicks-purchased this year from Murdoch's- ratlled breathing and sneezing. No discharge of eyes or nose. One on my light brahma air sac? -in front of her Meyer behind the nostril- inflates and deflates with breathing? Any advice
Welcome. I’m sorry you’re having problems. I’m having trouble understanding what you’re saying about the Brahma and Meyer(?).

What kind of bedding are you using? I’d give them some nutri drench in their water to help boost their immune system.

View attachment 1370748 View attachment 1370749
Discovered that Epiphany had been hiding eggs and decided to start sitting on them on Sunday. I just checked them this morning & they’re developing. I’m kinda in shock because my cemani hens have never been seriously broody and I wasn’t planning of having chicks this year. Not sure what I’m going to do now. :barnie
Those broody hens sure like to go by their own schedule don’t they. If any chicks hatch maybe you could sell them. Don’t know how you feel about that.

Welcome. I’m sorry you’re having problems. I’m having trouble understanding what you’re saying about the Brahma and Meyer(?).

What kind of bedding are you using? I’d give them some nutri drench in their water to help boost their immune system.
I hate autocorrect. If front of her eye and behind the nostril. I have switched their bedding a couple times. First was hay then was straw now is shavings. What is nite I drench and where can I find it?

Back
Top Bottom