Colorado

It was a good turnout with about 400 birds I understand. Show birds were down in the basement floor and sale birds were on the top floor in the kids area. My silkies were on the end aisle, the one pullet received a 1st place and a Speckled Sussex I showed for grins also received a first. Pretty cool!
The white silkie breeder one of the folks mentioned is a nice lady...most participants are very helpful to new interest & breeders.
I'd say showing at Stock Show does require patience--parking and getting around the number of visitors can be a challenge.

Congradulations!!! I hope your birds faired well thru the show. Did you have any issues with your birds being harrassed from spectators?

OK, now I'm mad. Drove all the way up to the stock show, specifically looking for breeders with birds to maybe make a semi-local contact. Was directed to the second floor of the exhibit, saw about 30 birds, shook my head and said "I can't believe this is all they have!!!"

Went down to the first floor (entry level) and looked around, saw nothing relating to chickens, got in my car and drove back to Colorado Springs.

NOW I find out there were chickens in the basement!!
barnie.gif
he.gif

WHY oh WHY didn't I ask questions rather than assuming I had seen everything there was. SIGH

Haha! I thought the same thing when I went to the show...not many birds. Thankfully I asked at the last minute and was send back downstairs. I'm sorry you missed out!

I have got hatch fever so bad. I am ready to dust off the incubators and throw some eggs in. We got a bunch of snow last week but it is all melted off. My hens have not even slowed down in production at all in this mild winter on the western slope. I had to give away over 200 eggs yesterday. I am not a very good sales person. I just need enough money to keep my girls fed and I am happy. Out of about 30 hens I am gettin 15 to 20+ a day. I do not know about you all, but for me the jury is still out for me on the new look of the web site. I do not do well with change.

I have got hatch fever so bad. I am ready to dust off the incubators and throw some eggs in. We got a bunch of snow last week but it is all melted off. My hens have not even slowed down in production at all in this mild winter on the western slope. I had to give away over 200 eggs yesterday. I am not a very good sales person. I just need enough money to keep my girls fed and I am happy. Out of about 30 hens I am gettin 15 to 20+ a day. I do not know about you all, but for me the jury is still out for me on the new look of the web site. I do not do well with change.

Can we say ROADTRIP to ruralmoms house
thumbsup.gif
The girls and I will be up shortly. They think it's literally winter vacation down here and have not been laying like I think they should. They have other ideas apparently
roll.png
So they need a pep talk and some visual examples I think. Honestly though, I think the cold has thrown them for a loop. We've had some pretty bitter nights here this winter and the barn they're in isn't exactly the way it should be. Soon to be fixed or else
smack.gif

I would love to hatch some babies again but then I see all these littel roos staring me in the face and I have a hard time getting rid of the chicks that I've hatched myself soooooo.....

Well, I've got the Brooder ready, The Incubator is still in the verification stage, and we have started collecting the Leghorn eggs to get into the incubator on Feb 1st.

This way my chicks should hatch around the same time my small order of chicks come in...the week of Feb 20th. I've completed the pulpit coop/run and I am almost finished with the other 3 coops! in 2-3 months...I'l be ready!!!

Pics will come!!!

Whoo-hoo!!

Joe

Like you, I am not a fan of change either and I am not a fan of the website changes either. Most of the the time I eventually come around but the initial change is quite a shock to me! I wish I lived closer to you because I NEED more eggs! My girls are putting out great, 3-4 a day from 4 girls, but it's just not even close to what my family of 7 needs/consumes! And now I can taste the difference between fresh eggs and store bought and, well, YUCK!

Like you, I am not a fan of change either and I am not a fan of the website changes either. Most of the the time I eventually come around but the initial change is quite a shock to me! I wish I lived closer to you because I NEED more eggs! My girls are putting out great, 3-4 a day from 4 girls, but it's just not even close to what my family of 7 needs/consumes! And now I can taste the difference between fresh eggs and store bought and, well, YUCK!

I wish I did live closer. I am happy with my 25 to 30 girls and our family of 4 could never consume enough. I give most of mine away to senior, but this spring you just watch out. I am going to hatch out a ton and then either sell the chicks or raise them to feather stage and sell them. I really enjoy the hatching and raising. I am sure I will have eggs to spare. Coloradochick, my mom lives in Todd Creek senior housing and so I am your way very often. Just let me know when you want some eggs.

Back
Top Bottom