Colored Easter chicks/ducks... UPDATED WITH PICS!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I don't. I got out of poultry a few years ago. I think they are illegal in some states. And with the AI outbreak I'd be surprised if anyone will be able to sell Easter chicks.

They are here!!!!!  /img/smilies/wee.gif  /img/smilies/ya.gif

4  colored chicks, 4 colored ducks, and 8 peanuts BSL or BR roos

040909_072701.jpg

040909_072600-1.jpg

040909_072602.jpg

040909_072501.jpg
Where can I buy some

From Ideal.  Does any other hatchery offer them?  Does anyone order these?  /img/smilies/jumpy.gif  I have an order in for 4 ducks and 4 Cornish x all colored for Easter.  /img/smilies/wee.gif  I got 2 from the a few years ago, one purple = white rock male and one orange= buff rock male.  Yep the orange one stayed orange well kinda LOL.  /img/smilies/ep.gif  I got them coming in the last hatch b4 Easter they should ship on 4-8-09.  I got 50 st. run RIR and the hatchery surprise choice 1( /img/smilies/fl.gif please wish us Turkeys and Guineas  /img/smilies/fl.gif ) coming from Cackle being shipped Monday!!!! 3-16-09  I can't wait, neither can DH and our 2 boys DS 4 and DS 9m.
Where can I buy one

I don't believe hatcheries carry colored chicks anymore. The original post is from 2009. My kids and I have a fun tradition of hatching and making our own Easter chicks. It involves injecting dye into the egg at 12 days incubation. You need to be familiar with good sterile techniques, and if you are, it doesn't affect the hatch rate.

Never mind I just read how
I don't get why they ban Easter chicks. THEY ARE SOOO CUTE!
love.gif
Because too many people see the pretty colors, and don't make the connection that it's a living, breathing animal that will need care. These birds are eventually dumped. Animals are NOT toys. If you want something cute and fluffy, buy a stuffed chick.

Back
Top Bottom