Colored Easter chicks/ducks... UPDATED WITH PICS!!!!!!!!!

Lairvine

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 17, 2007
The Original Downeast NC
From Ideal. Does any other hatchery offer them? Does anyone order these?
jumpy.gif
I have an order in for 4 ducks and 4 Cornish x all colored for Easter.
wee.gif
I got 2 from the a few years ago, one purple = white rock male and one orange= buff rock male. Yep the orange one stayed orange well kinda LOL.
ep.gif
I got them coming in the last hatch b4 Easter they should ship on 4-8-09. I got 50 st. run RIR and the hatchery surprise choice 1(
fl.gif
please wish us Turkeys and Guineas
fl.gif
) coming from Cackle being shipped Monday!!!! 3-16-09 I can't wait, neither can DH and our 2 boys DS 4 and DS 9m.

Last edited:
Never mind I just read how
I don't get why they ban Easter chicks. THEY ARE SOOO CUTE!
love.gif
Because too many people see the pretty colors, and don't make the connection that it's a living, breathing animal that will need care. These birds are eventually dumped. Animals are NOT toys. If you want something cute and fluffy, buy a stuffed chick.

Because too many people see the pretty colors, and don't make the connection that it's a living, breathing animal that will need care. These birds are eventually dumped. Animals are NOT toys. If you want something cute and fluffy, buy a stuffed chick.

I couldn't agree more! This process is actually out lawed in lots of states (Thank God) baby chicks need intense care and are NOT hatched as a toy or a photo opportunity for little ones. I do take this seriously because of the gross number of chicks neglected and abused this time of year or made part of a child's Easter basket. Not even getting the opportunity to grow up. Many factors are involved in successfully brooding chicks. most people who purchase them as Easter toys neglect to provide them with what they need to sustain life. These poor babies suffer needlessly and it's heartbreaking. They are not toys.!

Last edited:
You guys saying u want some do know how horribly cruel this is right? They throw them into a bowl throw dye onto them and toss them around like they are nothing. Not to mention the dye in eyes, nose and beaks of these poor chicks and ducks. It's illegal cause it's CRUEL. It's not cute, cool, or amazing to have harshly dyed day old chicks and ducklings.

I don't believe hatcheries carry colored chicks anymore. The original post is from 2009. My kids and I have a fun tradition of hatching and making our own Easter chicks. It involves injecting dye into the egg at 12 days incubation. You need to be familiar with good sterile techniques, and if you are, it doesn't affect the hatch rate.

Back
Top Bottom