Colored Egg Breeders Thread

Pics
I love the Araucana and finally got eggs form EBay. We bought six eggs and they sent us six extras. Which is all my current incubator can hold. I did a lot of research on the Araucaca and it seems that they are a rare breed and they started the ameraucanas, EE, etc breeds but only two of the many many breeds will breed true. I have always wanted to have Araucanas because they are sooo cool and they breed true and they started so many of the colored egg layers ❤️❤️ I have an Ameraucana Roo and hen AE7FA2BE-AE48-498C-94A6-7627E7D2E38B.jpeg this is my Rooster Alpha US

doing his favorite thing flipping over the feeders right after I lovingly filled them 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤣

I love the Araucana and finally got eggs form EBay. We bought six eggs and they sent us six extras. Which is all my current incubator can hold. I did a lot of research on the Araucaca and it seems that they are a rare breed and they started the ameraucanas, EE, etc breeds but only two of the many many breeds will breed true. I have always wanted to have Araucanas because they are sooo cool and they breed true and they started so many of the colored egg layers ❤️❤️ I have an Ameraucana Roo and henView attachment 2679249this is my Rooster Alpha US

doing his favorite thing flipping over the feeders right after I lovingly filled them 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤣
Chickens are like that... it's absolutely ridiculous. Thanks, but I need this a s a standing block instead.

Hi all .... I have a question regarding ameraucanas egg color. This year, I crossed my black rooster with bcm hens as well as black ameraucanas. They all look the same; black whether ameraucanas or olive eggers. Only one has feathered feet. I'm thinking next year I'll use my blue rooster on blue and splash hens, and the black rooster on bcms for olive eggers. That way my ameraucanas will be blue and splash, with black olive eggers. I haven't noticed any color difference in the eggs from the blue and the black hens; this is my first year with splash. Are they as blue, or are they like marans (blue birchen, for example) and the diluted color gene lightens the egg? Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom