Colored Egg June Adopt-An-Egg Hatch Along!

1655561634089.jpeg

Minty

MY CHILD! Maybe she's more of a "hunter green"...

Woke up. There are EIGHT babies in the incubator, plus one mid-zip!
So far hatched:
F5, F10, O1, O2, O3, L1, B1 & B2. E2 is mid-zip.

L2, F3 & F8 are pipped.

Waiting on F9, L3, and E1 to pip. The only 3 eggs that lost over 14% weight. I don’t think it’s a coincidence!

View attachment 3153164View attachment 3153165View attachment 3153166View attachment 3153167As I’m writing, E2 is out!

Here are some (bad) pics. Should I leave everyone in until the pips hatch? Or can I grab them later if the pips don’t look any bigger? (They are super small holes right now).
Come on E1!! :fl

I took everyone out once they were dried off. I want to take pictures but they are piled under the heat plate and sleeping. Maybe I’ll take one from under just to show you guys! ❤️

Picked up 14 additional chicks from a local source today. After a 90 minute drive home, they are…you guessed it…sleeping under the heat plate in their brooder. They are 1-2 weeks old so tomorrow I will hopefully get some action shots. 😂

Finally, F3 is almost out!
1655593711192.jpeg

F9, E1, & L3 have not pipped yet (the three eggs with the 14%+ weight loss).

Ironically both my cream legbars are pullets, so I’m hoping this last legbar hatches with a white spot on its head so I can sell eggs! (The rest can be pullets!) :fl

No pips on the last 3 eggs, candled them and did not see an internal pip either. May move to try to assist but not sure where to begin. I don’t see movement so I’ll have to sit down and search old threads tonight on what to do day 22 with no movement, no internal pip and no cheeping.

The other 12 are doing great! Here are some action shots!
30C1C5E0-2812-4574-8E1B-35FD221F677B.jpeg 639A5D99-8695-4D1C-978E-9ECEA0FA6EEB.jpeg 65FC9112-2FA2-49C7-BCAC-EA33247733F2.jpeg

Aww, these adopt an egg hatchalongs wound be even more fun if you could actually adopt the chick!

The little floofers look so small next to my week+ old chicks in the brooder next to them…all wobbly when they waddle around their tiny brooder. Gotta eat up the newness now, they grow so fast! ❤️

View attachment 3156653View attachment 3156654View attachment 3156655
It is CRAZY how fast they grow! Right now I have "babies" that are just under 10 weeks old (think will be 10 weeks around Wed) and they are HUGE!!!! Then I have the ones that Ditzy raised that are 6 weeks old today and are SO big!!!!!!! Then Nuggets babies that are probably just about a week and they still look so tiny, and Fajita's one baby that is 3 days old..... What was I thinking this year?!?!?! (and HOPEFULLY have more hatching in about 3.5 weeks. LOL Need to start getting some of these extra's homes!

I'm so sorry I missed all the excitement the past week, and even more so since "my" chick was the first out of her shell! Thank you @Iluveggers for taking such good care of her; you can send her to me now.:D

Seriously, it was fun to read straight through and see all the cute new fluffs. :love
But I see no new updates since this past Monday. How are they all doing?

Back
Top Bottom