Colored Egg June Adopt-An-Egg Hatch Along!

Pics
How is Minty?

Who is "Minty" you ask? ...she is my (our... @TheOddOneOut ) sweet, adopted O2 egg, of course.

You see, my logic is... since O2 is the written value of the oxygen that we breathe... . . .

Breathe... breath... . . .

We all want fresh breath... Minty, even, one might say... . . .

Mint green is a thing... O2 is an Olive egger baby... so.... . . .

MINTY FOR THE WIN!

So excited for eggs to be set - I'm here to cheer you on, Minty!
There was WAY too much thought put into that. I like it!

Here they are!

1653767235288.jpeg

I fit all 27 eggs in the NR360, gave the extra 5 a single egg carton holder with a hole cut in the bottom. Tested the turner and it actually slightly turned the eggs in the egg holder but still kept them slanted slightly upright! 😊 That will save me so much time not having to hand turn them! E1 actually looked like it had a slightly detached air cell so I put it upright, along with E3 and O1 & O3 (since I couldn’t see well into the darkest Olive Egger eggs…figured I’d be proactive and leave them tilted slightly up as well).

Here is a side pic of two of the extra upright eggs, will also post this in thr NR360 thread in case anyone ever wants to squeeze a couple more in. The one extra corner I didn’t use for an egg I stuck my govee in!

1653767514260.jpeg

Made it through the first night! Avg temp on gover 99.5. Although I said they extra eggs are slightly moving, I’m still going to rotate tip them 3x’s a day just to make sure, at around 7am, 3pm, and 11pm. More like 4pm and 10:30pm on work days, but I’m off today and tomorrow.

Will probably candle on Thurs night, day 5. And again on Sat, day 7, plus take weights. Stay tuned for candling pics! The first week is always the slowest since you can’t see anything

Made it through the first night! Avg temp on gover 99.5. Although I said they extra eggs are slightly moving, I’m still going to rotate tip them 3x’s a day just to make sure, at around 7am, 3pm, and 11pm. More like 4pm and 10:30pm on work days, but I’m off today and tomorrow.

Will probably candle on Thurs night, day 5. And again on Sat, day 7, plus take weights. Stay tuned for candling pics! The first week is always the slowest since you can’t see anything
I will try to candle with you but can't do Sat since we have a concert to go to. hmmm do I do day 4 and Day 6 or Day 5 and day 8...... LOL

I will try to candle with you but can't do Sat since we have a concert to go to. hmmm do I do day 4 and Day 6 or Day 5 and day 8...... LOL
I candled one of the white eggs yesterday. Lol. Surprise surprise it was just the yolk moving around like before setting. 😂 Maybe day 4 & day 6….let’s see how anxious we get!

Last edited:
I candles one of the white eggs yesterday. Lol. Surprise surprise it was just the yolk moving around like before setting. 😂 Maybe day 4 & day 6….let’s see how anxious we get!
LMAO! I thought I was bad last time checking a couple at day 3. heehee It is SOO hard not to check when they are right there just staring at you. Today is day 2 right?

3pm starts day 2!
that sounded too low adding in the 3pm this early so figured just day 2 sounded better. LOL It feels so much longer!

hoping some time goes faster. one thing that will help me is a concert next Sat. Then the 9-12 we are away camping (debating blocking off those 2 boxes when away) so hopefully that will help pass that time quick.

Back
Top Bottom