Colorful Egg Basket

lkelly02

Hatching
7 Years
Jul 14, 2012
I have 5, 8 month old hens. Easter Egger, Gold Sex Link, Black Australorp, Silver Laced Wyandotte and a Cuckoo Maran. I have been getting 29 to 31 eggs each week for the past 5 weeks. This is a pleasant surprise because I was only expecting about 20 based off what I read about the breeds that I have. I let them run around the yard about 2 hours a day during the week days and then several hours a day during the weekend. They love oatmeal, sunflowerseeds, bugs, vegatables and egg shells and get plenty of fresh water. I like seeing the variety of colors when I go out to collect the eggs!

Beautiful! I always enjoy going to the nesting boxes and seeing the colors that await me
smile.png
Enjoy!

I have 5, 8 month old hens. Easter Egger, Gold Sex Link, Black Australorp, Silver Laced Wyandotte and a Cuckoo Maran. I have been getting 29 to 31 eggs each week for the past 5 weeks. This is a pleasant surprise because I was only expecting about 20 based off what I read about the breeds that I have. I let them run around the yard about 2 hours a day during the week days and then several hours a day during the weekend. They love oatmeal, sunflowerseeds, bugs, vegatables and egg shells and get plenty of fresh water. I like seeing the variety of colors when I go out to collect the eggs!

Beautiful! Just beautiful.
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom