Columbian Rock Thread!!!!

at 16 weeks. 3 columbian rock (Bird, Jaden and Penelope) and 1 rhode island red (Charlotte)

Jaden at about 14 weeks

Bird at about 14 weeks

One of the cockerels

So these aren't true Columbian rocks they are some type of my plymoth rocks that mixed.. but I was trying to find out how the genetics happened and someone pointed me this way. I think the coloring and patters amazing.. mine are mixed from a white or barred roo over a white or buff or barred hen. So far it looks like white roo over barred hen. I plan to play with this coloring and see if I can get it to breed true. These are chicks and are just starting to finish feathering out but I can already see the one I belive is a roo has black and barred tail feather

Really...thats neat got any pictures?
I also made a similar pattern from what I belive is a white rock roo over a barred rock hen

Some are barred more then others and only one is showing black in tail pretty sure a roo. I'm planing to try to breed the pattern true.

I recently made my own I crossed a white rock roo over new Hampshire hens and got Columbian rocks

Are Columbian Rock really a rare breed? We ordered 25 leftover hatchery chicks that we knew would be one of five breeds and received 26 chicks. Of the 26 nine appear to be CR... From the chick descriptions on the hatchery site! I even have a suspicion that one of the 9 is our roo!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom