Columbian wyandottes

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by wyandotte boy, Aug 10, 2012.

1. flaming007

flaming007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2012
    canton kansas
    nope i wish i was going!!! Frank kept the combian flock and i got the sl flock but i did get 1 hen just to see how it would cross out of curiosity. I will see if i can find a pic or 2 for ya.

2. gilavina

gilavina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Southeast Nebraska
    Ahh, I didn't realize that you didn't get a male with the columbian. Will be curious to see what you get out of the cross. The sale is a good time, when the weather is nice, if its really cold, its difficult since it is an open side style morton building. Nice part is that they have plenty of stuff to look at!

3. flaming007

Feb 12, 2012
    canton kansas
    [​IMG]
    I have several hens at this quality now.

4. gilavina

Jan 25, 2011
    Southeast Nebraska
    She's a butterball and a half, definitely something to work with.

5. flaming007

Feb 12, 2012
    canton kansas
    Ya lots of chunky ladies running around. I cant get my other pics on here. I have a few that are alot bigger then her also.

6. gilavina

Jan 25, 2011
    Southeast Nebraska
    very good. I bet every time you have a hatch coming up, you're gonna be antsy!

7. flaming007

Feb 12, 2012
    canton kansas
    haha o ya!! i wanna see how these chicks grow out! Let me know if your wanting some females this yr. Do you have any pictures of your SL roosters?

8. gilavina

Jan 25, 2011
    Southeast Nebraska
    sorry, ran out to do chores quick. I still need to get some pics of those SLW males. I'll see if I can get some this week. I think I will only be retaining just one as the other one doesn't have quite the size or width of the other. I would indeed like a few girls, maybe 3 or 4 to get me started. Some of it depends on how the building goes with how soon I could take them, but if you were gonna try to come up to the fall show again this year, something like that might work.

9. flaming007

Feb 12, 2012
    canton kansas
    Ok cool! id be interested in getting some chicks back also. Im sure your male is good and a little shot of new blood wont hurt anything. :)

10. gilavina

Jan 25, 2011
    Southeast Nebraska
    once I get going, I don't see where that wouldn't work. Its always good to have a project to work on cooperatively especially since people have different things they look for and etc. The ones you got from Frank, were those the Gardhouse line? If so, when Snowbird (Don) pops up, I'm sure he'll approve [​IMG]

I'm working on collecting from my columbians at the moment, so some will make it into this batch of eggs, looking forward to seeing what hatches!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by