Comb development to first egg!

Pics
@Hellomylittleladies so I know she’s definitely not laying in the nesting box because we have an egg cam :) I haven’t seen her go in and out like the other

I tried to have a look at her vent and it appears the same as the other chickens 🤷‍♀️

I had a week off work and I watched her as much as I could and there was no sign of her laying at all! The only thing I can think of is that she’s laying an egg and eating it (but she’s not eating our other hens eggs).
I don't think they could eat an egg without getting that messy beard + eat all of the eggshell. I can't believe your hen is taking even longer than mine did. At least your other little one is giving blue eggs!
Please update me when that golden egg finally pops out! 😂

My Sussex laid her egg on the ground… and they ate it - didn’t leave a trace. They don’t eat nesting box eggs and it could have been broken.

Means I have no idea about my Ara though!!

Our lavender araucana (Quaxley) finally laid an egg at 42.5 weeks! Hurrah. The little green egg in the middle. Honestly her comb hasn’t gotten any brighter since 26 weeks…. I can post a pic though.

Attachments

• IMG_5956.jpeg
    IMG_5956.jpeg
    494 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom