Comb development to first egg!

What pretty birds. I'm waiting on my babies to lay as well. At least my little 24 week Rock Barred, Sweetie is laying every day now. Notice how much redder her comb looks after she begun laying eggs. The first picture on the left is before she started laying. I understand that different species lay at different times, and even the same species may wait 'til later, if the temperatures are too hot in the Summer.

Attachments

• IMG_4755.JPG
    IMG_4755.JPG
    664.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4986.JPG
    IMG_4986.JPG
    657.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4826 (1).JPG
    IMG_4826 (1).JPG
    345.3 KB · Views: 19
@Hellomylittleladies @Sarzetta
2 of my 20 weekers (leghorn and australorp) are laying a few times a week, small eggs. My 11 month old golden comets are laying machines. They each lay an extra large egg every day. I just checked my app and they did not miss a single day the month of June or the month of July. I am still waiting on my other girls, but everybody looks ready and squats so it should be soon.
What app are you using to track eggs please?

I’ve started using mother hen… it’s great for my small flock!

and I need to post pictures of the combs Easter egger 27w who has started in the last week and my araucanas (one is 31w and one 24w and she’s just recently had her comb redden - it appeared as entirely black previously and we suspect she could be a mix (silkie) but we were told she’s pure).

Back
Top Bottom