Comb development to first egg!

We got our second layer today! She lays a lovely sage green egg!
Her comb has been quite large for a few weeks, however her skin is dark on her comb so it's hard to tell how long it's been red for. She is 20 weeks old.
Somehow I don't have a picture of her between week 14-18.. not sure why, I'll have to keep looking.

Edit: I found a picture that's between the first two at 16 weeks!

Attachments

• 1000007812.jpg
    1000007812.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 1000007820.jpg
    1000007820.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 1000007821.jpg
    1000007821.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Our Ara is almost 33 weeks and still not laying … maybe 34 will be the trick! @Hellomylittleladies

I can’t see that she could be laying anywhere else … unless she’s laying them on the ground and also eating them… but the others aren’t eating them anymore I managed to fix that issue (golf balls- lots)- and I don’t think she is either because the eggs are fine left in the nesting box all day - no one eats them.

@Hellomylittleladies so I know she’s definitely not laying in the nesting box because we have an egg cam :) I haven’t seen her go in and out like the other

I tried to have a look at her vent and it appears the same as the other chickens 🤷‍♀️

I had a week off work and I watched her as much as I could and there was no sign of her laying at all! The only thing I can think of is that she’s laying an egg and eating it (but she’s not eating our other hens eggs).

Back
Top Bottom