Combining Tylan and natural remedies?

PirateGirl

Chicken Lover, Duck Therapist
6 Years
Mar 11, 2017
South Park, Colorado, USA
I am starting Tylan in my flock's water to get a respiratory infection under control. Hopefully I won't lose another pullet.

Can I continue to put molasses and apple cider vinegar in the water with the Tylan?

I have been doing this to help nourish those that may be eating less and help boost their immune systems. I don't know if either of these things will weaken the effect of the Tylan.

I am starting Tylan in my flock's water to get a respiratory infection under control. Hopefully I won't lose another pullet.

Can I continue to put molasses and apple cider vinegar in the water with the Tylan?

I have been doing this to help nourish those that may be eating less and help boost their immune systems. I don't know if either of these things will weaken the effect of the Tylan.

How old are your pullets?? Did you get the mixing instructions off the bottle? I always do tylan oral but know it can be mixed in the water. I raise very healthy chicks and I have never added the molasses and ACV in the water. If I needed to perk up a droopy acting chick I do the sugar water. But what ever you like or want to do.

They are about 8 weeks, and the vet actually weighed out the Tylan for me to mix with one gallon of water. There was nowhere else locally I could get any sort of antibiotic. I was trying ACV, sugar, garlic in the water first to help their immune systems, but when a second pullet took ill, I realized it was not going to be enough to stop whatever it is spreading. They are just too little and stressed and the weather has been terrible. They are in my house now instead of the coop and the one that is wheezing is now separated from the rest as she is getting worse instead of better. Hopefully I can turn it around with antibiotics.

I am starting Tylan in my flock's water to get a respiratory infection under control.  Hopefully I won't lose another pullet.

I have been doing this to help nourish those that may be eating less and help boost their immune systems.  I don't know if either of these things will weaken the effect of the Tylan.

Which Tylan are you using? Tylan soluble powder?

also I was thinking of using a syringe/dropper to give some of the antibiotic/water directly to the sickest of the chicks in case she isn't drinking much on her own

I just wanted to post a follow up and say that Tylan has been the miracle cure! I thought I was going to come home to a dead chick. Her breathing had been so labored I could hear her across the room. 24 hours of Tylan. Went in to check on her in the morning and couldn't hear anything. Not even when I got close to the box she was in. I thought for sure she was dead because I would have heard her wheezing and sneezing by now. I opened the lid to the box and there she was happily eating! After 48 hours of Tylan I haven't heard a sneeze. She is eating and drinking. I'm not sure how much longer I should keep her in quarantine from the rest of the flock. I'm planning on keeping Tylan soluble in the water for a total of 5-7 days.

I just wanted to post a follow up and say that Tylan has been the miracle cure! I thought I was going to come home to a dead chick. Her breathing had been so labored I could hear her across the room. 24 hours of Tylan. Went in to check on her in the morning and couldn't hear anything. Not even when I got close to the box she was in. I thought for sure she was dead because I would have heard her wheezing and sneezing by now. I opened the lid to the box and there she was happily eating! After 48 hours of Tylan I haven't heard a sneeze. She is eating and drinking. I'm not sure how much longer I should keep her in quarantine from the rest of the flock. I'm planning on keeping Tylan soluble in the water for a total of 5-7 days.
Thanks for the update!

Back
Top Bottom